Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

261 - 280 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
It can be set to obey the speed warning indicator to stop going over the speed limit

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Ooh that’s good.
wonder if mine does that....I can say I don’t speed as I know the consequences as an ex black rat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ooh that’s good.
wonder if mine does that....I can say I don’t speed as I know the consequences as an ex black rat.
The Mk2.5 system can't do this, it can sing and dance saying you're over the limit but it won't adjust it. I found it in a Focus very unreliable anyway.. would appear most road signs in the UK are poorly placed, going along a motorway for example the system in the Focus would find one on a slip road and restrict the speed down.. which was fun..!

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I managed to check it out today, picked up a 30 sign and was allowed to go above it.
Don’t know why I even mentioned as I already knew the answer. Just a daft apeth at times. Yorkshire folk will get that lingo.

·
Banned
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
610 Posts
The Mk2.5 system can't do this, it can sing and dance saying you're over the limit but it won't adjust it. I found it in a Focus very unreliable anyway.. would appear most road signs in the UK are poorly placed, going along a motorway for example the system in the Focus would find one on a slip road and restrict the speed down.. which was fun..!
All traffic signs are found and following the book for Denmark, there was a periode with road changes, but when they disappear you cannot argue they expect to change something.

Could it be the left/right side driving causing an issue with TSR?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It can be set to obey the speed warning indicator to stop going over the speed limit
Glad my Kuga doesn't do this. It was displaying a speed sign of 100mph on M25 tonight.
:unsure: :unsure:

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I broke the speed limit today, 71/70. Gutted. My bad.

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
I've checked my speedo against a free standing Garmin GPS... 2mph low across the range, so CC set to 72 = no tickets around the M25 average speed areas...

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #270 (Edited)
Titter yee not. ( Frankie Howard)

The SET ( speed enforcement teams) country wide make sure that all SCD (speed capture devices) are calibrated to take in any motor manufacturing tolerances. So if any SAD (speedo aware drivers) think that they can exceed the limit using the MOTD (mitigation of tolerance defence) as it’s known, then your in for a rather nasty shock.

Hence my shock doing 71/70. No region allows the 10% anymore. This is strictly forboden. Should be ok though as I can use the FART (flatulence acquired rearward thrust) which is basically a natural push, has been accepted by the CPS ( can’t prosecute service).

Hope that puts to the rest this stupid Notion that you can use a speedo margin. Pah, what a load of baloney!

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
What is the motor manufacturers tolerance, is that 5%. The Kuga appears to be -3MPH indicated speed through the range (it reads high). When you say they take in the tolerance, I guess you mean the possibility the SCD 'alerts' to speeds over the speed limit plus the tolerance. So if the manufacturers tolerance is 5% then an alert at 30 is anything above 31.5 mph and if they take in the tolerance, does that mean that if any driver drives at exactly 30mph (on the Kuga thats indicated 33mph) he is not driving at the speed limit but actually above as indicated by his speedometer.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My understanding is that all greed camera areas (some are essential but most mobile areas could be called "Greed Areas") taken into account any tolerance of the indicated speed of +10% + 1mph. The speed on my kuga reads 2mph fast when checked with my satnav.

We have a speed campaign in the village where I live where the 30mph limit is totally ignored by most and regularly see speeding cars, trucks, buses and motorbikes. Young, old, male or female, all oblivious of the speed limit. Complaints to Safer Roads Humber bring some results but no doubt anyone who isn't a resident will think the camera van is only sat there to make money. IT IS NOT. It is there because residents like me who live here, have complained about the elevated noise created by speeding vehicles. It is so bad that I have been coming up to turn right into my drive only to be overtaken by a car. One day I will take them out. Doesn't seem to happen with the Kuga though. Drivers behind seem to be quite annoyed that I have slowed them down as I have reached my destination.

So guys if there is a speed limit sign and there are houses present then have a thought for the people who live there as noise created by speed really does reduce the quality of life. Tyres are the noise factor and not engines unless its chav guy in his 1 litre Corsa with a dustbin exhaust.

Police are not interested either and we were refused Community speed watch as we are serviced by Safer Road Humber who send there van here for a couple of hours a month so they can put a tick in a box yet only 2 miles away the police regularly patrol a 40mph commercial road with zero residents with an unmarked car. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Well, a few points raised there by some of the old guard. It is us “the old guard” that are usually the most defensive and law abiding drivers.

As Judge Dread would say, “ THE LAW IS THE LAW”

The Motorist, always has a built in “favour” in the SCD of which one is called “the cozine affect”. (Yes it’s real google it). So if you are “nabbed” as the rozzers call it, then game over.
Everything has been thought through by scientists, manufacturers and CODS (cash on detection system), which is run by government Dept, PODS (persecution of drivers).

If you look back at the Apollo space program you will find that Ford developed the actual accelerometer, which was a kind of “buck rogers” space speedo.

It was only with the “flower power, snowflake generation “ that speedo tolerances were given, but now in the days of the we’ll known Police calculus, speed =death, prosecution is relentless.

We only have to cast our mind back a few weeks to read of speeding drivers doing 201/70, 97/30, 69/20.

So can’t see what anyone’s issue is, don’t like it don’t drive , if you do, then behave.

That was a road safety message from a codhead.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium
10 Posts
Had my first encounter with the Pre Collision Assistance Alert system. Not sure if it was a false positive or it picked up the pedestrian stepping into the road as I passed him. Bit startling whatever, thankfully at low speed! Will keep an eye on that as it seems the sensitivity can be lowered.

·
Banned
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
610 Posts
Had my first encounter with the Pre Collision Assistance Alert system. Not sure if it was a false positive or it picked up the pedestrian stepping into the road as I passed him. Bit startling whatever, thankfully at low speed! Will keep an eye on that as it seems the sensitivity can be lowered.
Same, i had a car crossing the front from left to right, and i somehow think my car though the corner of the other car, was still in my view, so a pre collision was alerted. Not that i was close...

I do not remember seeing sensitivity settings for this?

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium
10 Posts
Same, i had a car crossing the front from left to right, and i somehow think my car though the corner of the other car, was still in my view, so a pre collision was alerted. Not that i was close...

I do not remember seeing sensitivity settings for this?
I haven't checked yet but I thought there was High, Medium and low like on the Focus, will check later.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium
10 Posts
I haven't checked yet but I thought there was High, Medium and low like on the Focus, will check later.

Yes, just checked, it is there under Driver Assistance Settings on the tablet, the menu apppears when the ignition switched on. Mine was set to Normal so will leave it at that.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Titter yee not. ( Frankie Howard)
Half the forum would NOT have a clue who the **** your talking about mate ;)

Love all the old comedians from that them decade's...................They just had the nack to use a word in another way.

All the carry on team had that wicked side to them.

Reactions: Obo110 and Psshaw

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Half the forum would NOT have a clue who the **** your talking about mate ;)

Love all the old comedians from that them decade's...................They just had the nack to use a word in another way.

All the carry on team had that wicked side to them.
Oooh noo, please, it's wicked to mock the afflicted! Well, it might be one of your own!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I sometimes think that some of the members on here are a comedy act. You know who you are don't you lol.

261 - 280 of 306 Posts