Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any kugonians that have the latest 2020 model that can share their experiences on this forum?

Would be nice for a good read on the new model from an actual owner, rather than other sites.

Just wondered and if there is, get ✍ writing and share with us all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
ST line x PHEV first edition arriving Wednesday - will give my thoughts after the novelty has worn off!!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that’ll be great!
Something new for a natter...

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
ST line x PHEV first edition arriving Wednesday - will give my thoughts after the novelty has worn off!!
Same same, i will post some details during this weekend with some pics, when i get over the new car, and have inspected the car.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I’ve had a call from the dealers.
it was a mixed bag really and he clarified a few things which has made me change my mind.
Firstly Ford are only doing the deal a lot have mentioned on here, to get rid of the new model that’s been stood since being built.
The 2.5 petrol hybrid plug in has to be full recharged to be used. The system does charge up as you drive around but would only give 2-3 miles extra and the 30 miles full electric comes from a mains charge.
The self charging model is a diesel but can only be the first 1.5 diesel FWD MANUAL and 150 bhp and the electric motor assists the engine to spin but not for long, so it lowers co2 emissions.
Other models are yet to be made as Ford pick up from the virus.
No real deals to be done yet, as it’s too newer a model and the monthly payment was a “gulping” moment. Those days are wayyyyyyyy gone.

Just waiting now for one of the new mk3 owners to enlighten us all.

I got the impression that he wasn’t a fan with the range of models that Ford have done.
They have just got their first one In and the demo is next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago and ordered a Kuga MKIII 2.0 Ecoblue Auto AWD STline X with Technology pack in Lucid Red, was told it will be ready 2 week of July, but I am picking it up on the 1st September so it will have new reg plate on it. My present 2017 Kuga MKII 2.0 Tdci Manual Titanium X has been one of the best cars I have had, but had problems with the leather seat and the panoramic roof not siting flush. So looking forward to the new car.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one, they are starting to filter through now and September isn’t that for off.

Wonder why Ford don’t do a nice blue, like BMW have in their set up. I do find Fords colour a bit safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are there any kugonians that have the latest 2020 model that can share their experiences on this forum?

Would be nice for a good read on the new model from an actual owner, rather than other sites.

Just wondered and if there is, get ✍ writing and share with us all!
Did you see my review of the new Kuga. 'New Kuga - initial verdict' ?
regards
Dave

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
The 2.5 petrol hybrid plug in has to be full recharged to be used. The system does charge up as you drive around but would only give 2-3 miles extra and the 30 miles full electric comes from a mains charge.
I can say, that is not correct.
I can drive 10km on regular fuel, and next time it turn it on, and i got 2km on electric charge, i can spend it right away, no need to do any full charge.

That would be pointless for us, if we, every time we took a small trip to the bakery and back, wasted 4km, and suddenly the remaining 50km could not be used, because it was not fully charged :)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aliendave, no haven’t seen your review, where is it?

dexterPicard, the ford dealer was saying it won’t ever charge up to the full amount only partial. Your the front line report, so well look at what you and others say as real world always differs.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where is it bud, can’t find it.
Here you go:-

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.
I’ve emailed a dealer to see what they have. Odd, that the dealer I got the Vignale from, seemed a little despondent. We’ll see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks.
I’ve emailed a dealer to see what they have. Odd, that the dealer I got the Vignale from, seemed a little despondent. We’ll see.
Probably having an off day. Went to see my dealer yesterday to pick up some paperwork and he was very upbeat about the car. Saying he has sold 10 since they re-opened, 8 of which were PHEV's

·
Registered
43 Posts
Probably having an off day. Went to see my dealer yesterday to pick up some paperwork and he was very upbeat about the car. Saying he has sold 10 since they re-opened, 8 of which were PHEV's
P.S. My dealer warned me off the Vignales as too expensive, and was better to get the ST-Line x with the technology and drivers pack. Almost as good but less dosh!!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes they are expensive!
I bought ours 11 months old at 23k, new it was 40k. Loaded to the gills as they say.

How do you find the cvt gearbox?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The problem as well with the Vignale, I believe, is that it puts you into a higher road tax bracket for subsequent years because the price is above £40,000.
I can't fault the cvt gearbox as it is smooth throughout the speeds. Honestly, it is a lovely car to drive. Much nicer than the Edge I had previously

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s good then. My only ever hands on was with a Citroen cv, many many years ago and it slipped like heck and was a mess. It wasn’t mine bit I did some basic services on it, when I was a grease monkey.

Thanks for prompt reply.

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
That’s good then. My only ever hands on was with a Citroen cv, many many years ago and it slipped like heck and was a mess. It wasn’t mine bit I did some basic services on it, when I was a grease monkey.

Thanks for prompt reply.
Volvo 340 belt drive...Bundle of laughs if you got the right technique -floor it until you get to desired speed then back off.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts