Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

How the devil are ya?

Well I'm not quite a Kuga owner just yet...... but I'm am sooooo close!

I've currently got a Toyota Prius (puke!)
because I worked in London's fantastic Congestion Zone ..... but alas I'm moving to new offices in West London (outside the zone - hurrrrrahhh!) - so the Prius is in Auto-Trader and I'm just waiting for some nice person to come along and buy it!

Which leads me to my question ....... is there any such thing as a "cheap" Kuga? The problem I have is that the Prius was so well equiped I really don't want to take a step backwards and I just love having the built in sat nav with the camera.... it even parks itself! No joking!

I would love a used Titainium with Sat Nav, but can't seem to find one under £20k (a bit steep!) especially as I've seen Land Rover Freelander 2's for less with much more equipment!

So has anyone got any pointers about where to go for some real bargins? Or is there any sign of the used Kuga market coming down in price soon? ..... or can you have the Ford Sat Nav fitted after you buy it?

Soooo many questions.... but I'm sooo excited!

Cheers

Dan

P.S - am I too late toget the stickers?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum,I can't answer your questions as I haven't got the Ford Sat Nav etc but I agree that £20K is a bit steep for a used K, as only a month ago, picked up my shiny new Titanium (Met Paint, Ford Towbar, 18" wheels and the free Appearance pack and Bluetooth)for about£20.5K.

So I thought maybe your budget will stretch to a new one! Mind you, there has been a price rise recently!

Happy hunting.

TK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya TK

Thanks for that - I've just had a look at drivethedeal and from the quick look that I had - the second hand Kuga's are MORE expensive than the brand new ones? Am I going mad?

You mentioned the budget, and I was maybe thinking of going down the finance route, but am terrified of getting the wrong deal and being charged a fortune for it! Dealers tend to do a strange thing with the % rates and I've been caught out by that before - but its maybe something I could have a look into?

Thanks for all your help - I've been looking around here for ages but never really got round to joining - but I'm glad I have now!

Dan

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Whatever the market will stand that always determines the price if and We? are prepared to pay big bucks for our Kuga's then I say why should others be any different, but getting back to the cheaper Freelander Land Rover, as a company I'm guessing appear to be in freefall, it's future is uncertain unless Mandy has given more public moneyto bail them out too but I'm digressing a neighbour bought a Rover 800 and yes like the Freelander hehad everything in terms of equipment but sadly he ended up with nowt because when Rover went bump so did his warranty he had major major gearbox problems just a year or so on from new. Kuga V Freelander well bit like comparingsomething concepty a head turner and stylishly designedwith something which looks a bit like a brick with wheels. Nuff Said!! Bob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya Bob

Nuff said indeed! I was only mentioning in passing about the Land Rover - sorry I know I should be swearing by using words like that on this site!

Don't get me wrong - I totally love to Kuga and wanted one right from the very first time I saw one. My only problem is that I can't understand why the second hand models are more expensive than a brand new one??? Or maybe it's just because Dagenham Motors are my local stealer? The prices they are advertising are shocking compaired to the rest of the UK!

Are there any second hand dealers come on here with gifts of good offers for some of us who want it all but can't afford that fantastic beast of a car??

And don't worry Bob - the Freelander didn't really havea hope!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi MooCow Sorry not meant as a low blowcomment butsadly the problem you have is the same problem later "Kuga Chasers" ( includes me ) have experienced, earlier purchasers seem to have secured themselves a cracking dealFord whether rightly or wrongly are pointing the finger firmly towards the weak pound and I have to say I am not convinced as many more recent canny Kuga purchasers do appear to have bagged themselves abargain however seems that the Kuga is getting a bit of a name for itself recently and as a resultbecoming a single word all manufacturers love "Desirable"
I suspect that if youreally want one you will find one but doing the dealers on 5th August prior to the September plate change may well be a tad too ambitioustry last week in August you may pickup a very cheap 09ER GoodLuck. Kuga .. .. .. The whisper is definately getting louder. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya Bob!

No offence taken! And thanks for the advice - is that what I'm known as then a Kuga chaser? I like it! Hehehehehe!

Do you think you might be able to help me out with a couple of things? I've been looking through here for most of the day and I'm a bit confused about what's contained within the "packs"? I've got a rough idea about the X pack - but totally confused about the apperence pack and some of the other ones - is there an easy way of finding out?

You mentioned the change of plates - I always seem to remember Dagenham Motors sending me bank holiday specials - maybe this will be the year I can actually take them up on one! Do you think it's the best time to buy then?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
385 Posts
hiya moocow on the kuga titanium app pack contains black glass and roof rails,conv pack contains front and rear parking sensors,electric folding mirrors and keyless entry. x pack contains full leather ,panoramic roof,heated seats,z lights,sunreflective glass,these are packs on my car bluetooth is one of the cheaper extras but is great

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If its any comfort, I paid £22,500 last September for an all singing, all dancing Panther Black Titanium ex demo. The only option it didn't have was parking sensors which I had fitted last month for £299. When I did'Configure your Kuga' on the Ford website, all the extras made it worth £28.5K new (it was 3 months old when I bought it) I guess I was ripped off but I love it so much that I don't care that much. Maybe I should have pushed the dealer harder but I suppose he knew he had a desirable car on his hands and when it went in for its service in May the guy on the desk told me they had shifted 7 brand new Kugas in one month. In a recession thats pretty impressive I think.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi MooCow, prior to orderingI was asked if I wanted an Appearance Pack which was Privacy Glass and Roof Rails I with hindsight foolishly refused this I thought the salesman was just trying to squeeze another £200 quid from me soI declined because previous vehicle had privacy and to be honest I found it difficult to reverse at night, other KOC members however seem to find it a "must have" howeverthree weeksdown the line following delivery because car was being built for me in June 09perhaps I should of asked him for the roof railswith no Privacy TIP: Be sure about exactly what you want, personally I did not want a vehicle to look like a DealersRidehave since discovered that I could of just specified a factory extra ofroof railsonly and when offered the Appearance Pack could of negociated the roof rails onlybefore ordering as the Appearance Pack was being offered FOC by most dealers. Bob.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi moo cow- just to let you know i picked my kuga titanium in panther black, 18" 5 spoke alloys, appearance pack, dab sony radio, with blue tooth for £20,500 at tc harrisons derby last friday and did the deal over the phone after looking at their website special offers. the sevice was first class by the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts