Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have also posted this on the general section as not too sure where it should have gone, so sorry if you are reaing this for the second time.

<table ="tableBorder" style="table-layout: fixed;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">

Hi folks, I know I have seen on the boards a previous message about
heated washer jets, but last week when we had that really awful cold
weather my washers wouldn't work at all, when I questioned it with the
local dealer they said that I should put anti-freeze in with the washer
bottle (which already has winter strength windscreen wash in). I
wasn't too sure whether this is what I should do so wondered what you
all think?

Thanks in advance for all your pearls of wisdom.

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I use RainX on my screen, I think this a great product. There is also a RainX additive for the washer resevoir which if used as directed on the label, can protect against freezing down to -50 deg C, I think I read! (maybe I need to check my glasses prescription, and my memory
). DON'T add anti-freeze! This as you read in the other post, will ultimately damage the car paintwork,
especially if undiluted and spills on the bodywork.. So this was not good advice from the dealer, he should have specified a proper winter windscreen washer additive for you.

Here's looking forward to summer!

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think you need to check if the screen wash you already have contains anti-freeze... as some do!

Most modern additives will go down to -50deg c when neat... i think for -20deg C a 20% mix should be used.... see your product can for more info!

I think the washer bottle is about 4 or 5L from empty...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.