Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
when i look at the pictures of the Kuga i see 2 different roof antenna's (in the front or at the back of the roof).
when do you get which antenna?
if you order standard navigation they place it at the back and otherwise at the front or does it have to do with other options?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmmm... I'm guessing, so I wont be able to add much to this! I think there must be diferent aerials for different headunits as you say mouse. But I think its position depends on the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have panoramic roof and DAB radio and the antenna is to the rear.
There are 2 factors (I think) the panoramic roof and the type of radio.

I was told that the DAB unit has a totally different antenna to the FM radio unit, but I would doubt thatmeans it needs to be in a different place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the DAB unit with no panoramic roof and the antenna is at the front.
It does seem to be different from some of the pictures in the Current Kuga brochure as there is no wire twisting around my antenna, as it seems in some of the pictures in the brochure have this. I've only ever seen pictures of the Kuga with the antenna at the back when it has the panoramic roof fitted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have to agree about type of roof dictating position of antenna. As for type of antenna ???

Looked at a bog standard titanium in my dealers (not one single option) and it had a normal antenna (at front) but in the glove box was a spiral bound one ???

Maybe applematt can shed some light. (please)

joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Resurrecting an old story but I am picking up my new Kuga in the morning. I had a sneak preview at the dealers at the weekend and took some photos. Whe I got home I noticed that there was no aerial at the front. Didn't take a photo from the back, but I guess this is where it is. I don't have a panoramic roof. The stereo is the Sony DABone. Does anyone know if the aerial has moved to help DAB reception which is poor on the Sony stereo in my current Kuga. Had a look at the Autotrader website to see what other "60's" have and unless there is a panoramic roof, it is at the front. Am I special, or does it just depend on who you have fitting the aerials that day?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine's a 60 plate Gav, delivered 9.9, no glass roof and it's up front as you'd expect. Is it possible it's been delivered 'loose' to avoid damage and maybe hasnt been screwed into the mounting yet?

Edited by: Pennine MC

·
Registered
129 Posts
As with may others I have the Pan roof / DAB radio and the aerial is at the rear.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dab radio no pano' roof, aerial at the front, when they are sent to the dealers the aerial isn't fitted, they screw them into the mounts.
Mine picks up dab pretty good if your in a signal area

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pano roof, DAB radio and aerial at the back. Works really well too, I love my DAB radio

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update: Picked her up this morning. She is a beauty in Frozen White with 19 inchers. The aerial is indeed at the back. The first time the dealer had seen this on a non-pano roof version. Only managed to driveher for half an hour so far but other changes from my '58 Kuga that I havenoticed are that the 163 enginefeels much faster from a standing start, a different start button,arrows lighting up on the instrument panel telling you to change gear,the two boot opening buttons replaced by one for the small boot and a handle to open the large boot, and lastlythecabin is much quieter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Had my titanium 2wd dab about 4 weeks aerial is at the front it's a very quiet car unfortunate it's in the garage at the moment as a spring went in the front passenger seat on day 1 and the electric window switch fell out on the front passenger door after 3 weeks. Not bad for a car that costs 22k needless to say unimpressed with Fmc at the moment
So I would advise anyone picking up a new vehicle check all the switch gear before driving off as obviously paying £150 for pdi is not worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts