Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

Ordered my Kuga yesterday - 2wd Titanium in Moondust with Appearance, Bluetooth/USB, parking sensors and 19" alloys.

I ordered thru Drivethedeal (saved £5k on list). They called within the hour and said I'd be looking at a 12 week factory order - which is fine as I want a 59 plate.

What lead times have you guys been quoted, and how realistic were they ? I'm conscious the factory may shutdown over the summer....

Also, what's the verdict on the 19" alloys ? I knew the tyres will be pricey, but did some searches today and I've seen them around the £160 mark, which is bearable.

I haven't seen the 19" alloys in the flesh, but in the pictures they seem tohavemore of a chrome finish. Is this right ? Do they looktoo "bling" ?

Cheers !!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi KugaNo

Welcome to the forum.
I ordered mine (got it in May) from old stock and only had to wait a couple of weeks, I know someone who ordered early June and received the car to his spec (bluetooth , usb etc) in the third week of july so six to eight weeks is possible.

As mine was bog standard I only got the 17" wheels and its a long drop to the ground in that, you might need a step ladder (only joking).

Good luck - enjoy your Kuga, it won't be long.

·
Registered
385 Posts
hi kugano i have 19 inch wheels on my kuga titanium they look very good,but they are very easy to scuff,sit close to the curb,i priced the tyres up after buying the car bridgestones which are fitted to my car are £200 each,on my last kuga titanium i had 17 inch wheels and they were fitted with continental tyres and i got a price of £170 each.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I collected my car yesterday, and so far I'm impressed.

Word of warning though- the ride was pretty hard, and it was pulling to the right - I put this down to the 19" alloys and Bridgestones (which I'm not a fan of as they can be pretty hard). Anyway, looked at the label inside the door, and it recommends tyre pressures of 33psi. Checked the rears - 38. Checked the front left - 39, checked the front right 46 !!!

Anyway, all pressures are adjusted now, but check your tyres !!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Kugano i bet you feel like a kid on xmas day now you have your new kuga,bridgestones are a hard tyre and the ride is not as smooth as you get o the 17 inch wheels ,but dont those 19 inch wheels look great enjoy

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi KugaNo, Oh dear 38, 39 and a whopping46 psi, not good and like you say, and very worrying, over inflation is bad enough, I'm certainly no expert herebutvarying tyre pressures I would of thought was downright dangerous. I understand reading the posts on KOC that 19" ers ride are a tad hard compared to say the 17"'s. Was Drivethedeal just the agent or did they supply also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi everbody
ordered titanium 2.0 awd on 2nd sept expected delivery w/e 24 oct sea grey 18 inch wheels
touchscreen dvd satnav covenience pack trading in 2.2 jag estate getting older need a higher up
motor counting down the days

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob - Drivethedeal are just the agent. They just point you to a Ford dealer, and once they've done that, their involvement is over. I ordered the caron 31st July, and never heard from Drivethedeal again after 2nd Aug. The car was supplied by Evans Halshaw.

Yeah, 46psi is very dangerous - good job the weather is dry.

Just been playing with the menu, and notice there are 3 steering settings, Standard, Sport and Comfort. Mine was set to comfort, and is quite over-assisted, so I'll try the other two settings tomorrow.

General observation - disappointed with the paint quality - bonnet in particular is very rough, feels like it's covered in overspray. Doors feel ok, front wings (plastic) are a bit rough, but bonnet is a joke on a £20k car. Looks nice and shiny from a distance though, which is a relief. Glad I didn't go for black now........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've had the car 3 weeks now, and still really pleased with it.

As I posted in another thread, I got 550 miles from the 1st full tank (41.6mpg), which I'm pleased with for such a heavy car /tight engine, but I haven't been pushing it too hard. 19" alloys do fidget a bit on bumpy roads, but they look superb, so I'll live with it. Biggest gripe was the paint quality, but I cleaned it with a Meguires clay bar last week and now the paintis like glass, so I'm happy again.

I was shocked how slow the car feltwhen I picked it up, but it's starting to loosen up now, and you can feel the turbo kicking in. First 2 gears don't make for easyprogress though - feels like they've got the ratios wrong.

Car developed it's 1st rattle this week - sounded like it was coming from the drivers door, but finally diagnosed it as the rear seat belt rattling against the trim. Clipped it in, and now the rattle is gone !

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
KugaNo said:
Well, I collected my car yesterday, and so far I'm impressed.

Word of warning though- the ride was pretty hard, and it was pulling to the right - I put this down to the 19" alloys and Bridgestones (which I'm not a fan of as they can be pretty hard). Anyway, looked at the label inside the door, and it recommends tyre pressures of 33psi. Checked the rears - 38. Checked the front left - 39, checked the front right 46 !!!

Anyway, all pressures are adjusted now, but check your tyres !!

Thought I would check my tyre pressures and they were fine.

If they'd been four or five of me witha boot fullof luggage.

Have released a bit of air so they are more suited towards 1 or 2 of me (and wife) with no luggage.

Edited by: Morph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts