Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Android Auto app is missing from the sync3 display. I have been through settings and it does not show.
How can i get the app to display on sync 3 so i can then connect my phone to it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
When you accessed the Settings tab in Sync, did you scroll to the right? There should be an icon on the second screen where you can enable Android Auto. I need to take a look on my car to see exactly where that is.
Regardless, just try to connect your phone to the car and see if it triggers any Android Auto prompt in either your car or the phone. On my phone, each time I connect it, I see a prompt asking for connection mode between: charge only, folders etc. I always select charge only, but it is really not needed, Android Auto always starts regardless if I select something.
Also, the cable is important it seems. I remember a number of people had issues with the cable, myself as well, and therefore I have used the original Huawei cable. AliExpress cables simply did not trigger Android Auto.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,350 Posts
Hi @buck9, welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here.........Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Registered
374 Posts
Make sure the lead is not just a charging lead without the data connections as well. I don't use AA and actually bought a charging only lead so I don't get bothered by warnings about AA

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,222 Posts
Make sure you phone is paired correctly with Bluetooth and yes, use a good lead to connect to the USB and Android Auto should start.

Check the settings on your phone too by downloading AA for phone screens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts