Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,827 Posts
Hos do you do that RonnieM?
I’m sure I’ve looked in the exclusive Vignale menus on settings and not seen it…

pray tell…
Settings/Vehicle Settings

Car Speedometer Automotive design Mode of transport Gauge Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Plant Speedometer

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,039 Posts
I’m sure I’ve looked before and not seen it.I’ll check later.

Does that mean that scum bags cannot “read” the cars codes etc

ta anyway.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,039 Posts
Just been down to the Vignale.
I don’t have the keyless tick box.
it has everything else and where yours has that tickbox mine has easy entry which is the one that slides the seat forward and back when exiting the car.

·
Update Ninja
3,827 Posts
Must have been added later then Phil

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,039 Posts
Yep maybe. As we know they mix and match, no consistency.

I’m not too bothered about it but nice to know.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,830 Posts
I suppose it depends where the PATS system data is stored (Early Fords in Instrument Cluster, later in PCM or BCM).

If the have access to ODB port and have the ability Module Update any firmware (including their own bulid) they could already have a Module flash ready with their keys baked in.

With the cars VIN, all the Module files are available from Ford, they could modify at their leisure.

For all we know there could already be PATs/ key code free Module firmware floating about..

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,831 Posts
I suppose it depends where the PATS system data is stored (Early Fords in Instrument Cluster, later in PCM or BCM).

If the have access to ODB port and have the ability Module Update any firmware (including their own bulid) they could already have a Module flash ready with their keys baked in.

With the cars VIN, all the Module files are available from Ford, they could modify at their leisure.

For all we know there could already be PATs/ key code free Module firmware floating about..
That was my thinking too.

It would appear that both dealer and auto locksmiths can cut a key based on the VIN number. I wonder if they can also programme a key based on the VIN too.

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,525 Posts
It would appear that both dealer and auto locksmiths can cut a key based on the VIN number.
Another anti theft feature that's back fired - putting the VIN on display in the windscreen. It's interesting that on my new Toyota they've got the panel in the windscreen but there's no VIN number stamped- it's blank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am quite fortunate to have large security gates on our drive. Both our Kugas need to be reversed 2/3ft to open the gates enough to get the cars out.
Our bedroom window is also on the drive, so when the badgers or foxes are sniffing around the drive looking for food, the wife is out of bed and checking whats there. If its 2 legged rats she would wake me up 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi Out there,
If you have keyless entry on your kuga it can be disabled by removing fuse F3 in the luggage compartment fuse box. This means the thieves will have to either have the keys to open the door by using the key fob button or smash the windows to get in which will set off the alarm. The OBD pot is way down by the foot well on the drivers side and as the doors will be deadlocked and the alarm singing off it will probs be a no no for them.

Fake OBD a good shout too.

·
Update Ninja
3,827 Posts
Hi Out there,
If you have keyless entry on your kuga it can be disabled by removing fuse F3 in the luggage compartment fuse box. This means the thieves will have to either have the keys to open the door by using the key fob button or smash the windows to get in which will set off the alarm. The OBD pot is way down by the foot well on the drivers side and as the doors will be deadlocked and the alarm singing off it will probs be a no no for them.

Fake OBD a good shout too.
In the later MK2 uplifts, keyless can also be disabled in vehicle settings on information display

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
134 Posts
I have a 2018 ST LINE X, and i am able to disable it in the settings. And that is exactly what i did.

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,525 Posts
You'd think they'd go missing a lot in Australia - with no alarm and no dead locking. I reckon FoCCCus would quite likely have a check box for the Intelligent Access on the pre 2017 models. Does anyone know if ForScan can easily disable it?
If you have keyless entry on your kuga it can be disabled by removing fuse F3 in the luggage compartment fuse box.
I've got some schematics for the 2016 US Escape and F3 is listed as "Exterior door handle left rear.... right rear... left front...right front." Have you tried the tailgate to see if it's also disabled?

BTW F2 in the cargo fuse box is listed as "Remote Function Actuator (RFA) Module". I wonder what that would disable? F1 is the powered tailgate kick sensor - I've removed that fuse already (the tailgate has tried to kill me a couple of times!) ;) It doesn't appear to have disabled anything else.

Edit: From reading through the 2013 Escape WSM I reckon removing cargo area Fuse 2 (for the above mentioned "Remote Function Actuator") will disable Intelligent Access to the vehicle. I'm not sure what will happen with the IA engine starting side of things- perhaps you'd need treat the key fob as though it's battery is dead?
Edit 2: Okay pulling the RFA fuse will definitely also kill the Stop/ Start switch as well. The WSM mentions the RFA is involved in the engine starting operation. "The RFA Module in conjunction with the BCM controls the Ignition modes and in conjunction with the PCM controls the starting system."

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,039 Posts
They are missing a lot in Australia!
Brexit
Rain
No shrimp
No v8 motors
Small
Small Spiders
Bad teeth
Ugly women