Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

Registered
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
Discussion Starter #82
The Mayflower Pilgrims started off from Billericay in Essex
The guys were wearing Ray bans and the girls white stilettoes.....................Had to be said Dibble 馃槈

Reactions: Dibble

Registered
Dibble said:

The guys were wearing Ray bans and the girls white stilettoes.....................Had to be said Dibble 馃槈
Were they the original TOWIE's

Registered
You forgot to mention the ritual dance around the handbags while eating jellied eels , followed by pie mash an liquor.
Sharon & Tracey in my day. We had someone at work called Sharon and she mentioned she had been out with her best friend, Tracey and I just burst out laughing. True, her best friend was called Tracey. Common names I guessed but they were certainly no birds of a feather look a likes.

Super Moderator
As a serious sailor, that explains everything! We still have the Romford Navy inhabiting the Essex coast - they typically navigate using a road atlas!:rolleyes:

Registered
5CB1202C-E492-44CE-9FA2-EB0AA6E158BA.png
Heres a quote on line for the Kuga to have all discs and pads done. (Ford website)
However I鈥檝e called two Ford Stealers and one has quoted 拢790 all in and the other so far has quoted 拢440 just for the rear. So far neither haven鈥檛 answered why there is a huge difference.

i suppose I could do them myself as an ex fitter but I just don鈥檛 like that kind of thing any more and if you just haven鈥檛 got the right parts when it鈥檚 all stripped, what a nightmare.

whats ya thoughts. ?
5CB1202C-E492-44CE-9FA2-EB0AA6E158BA.png

Super Moderator
Find a good independent who uses Pagid pads and discs and buy us each a bottle of rum with the savings.

Super Moderator
Local dealer quotes 拢408 all in for front and rear. Local independent price is 拢398.

Registered
@NigelB.

Not that I can use your local dealer, but do you mean a Ford dealer?

I鈥檝e asked two Ford dealers and both times I started to whimper.

My nieces partner had a garage and a very good name and even he is quoting 拢650 using Ford parts (my request)

Registered
Just had a service and MOT had my rear pads and discs replaced total cost 拢535. that鈥檚 with a Ford dealer (Aberdare Ford).

Registered
I did my own. Cost me about 拢200 in parts. Front discs are same as yours. Rear brakes pads more expensive as they are 1mm difference and nearly twice the cost. Rear discs also more expensive as different size to due to progression.

Registered
I did my own. Cost me about 拢200 in parts. Front discs are same as yours. Rear brakes pads more expensive as they are 1mm difference and nearly twice the cost. Rear discs also more expensive as different size to due to progression.
I'll give you a laugh.... I previously owned a couple of Renault Megane 225's.... the lower arms (wishbones) are identical ... of course one for the near side, the other offside of the car....

The Offside item is 拢95 more expensive than the near side..!!!!
I put it down to Pierre at the Renault factory making the offside arms, being on a higher rate than Julienne who makes the nearside's... crazy!

Registered
Just had a call from where I had the four tyres fitted, Pagid discs and pads all corners fitted was 拢480 but will match the Ford website quote. So 拢410 ish. 馃憤

Super Moderator
Can't go wrong with Pagid. Local independent,who has been servicing the family's cars since 1961, won't fit anything else as he gets no complaints. Same with Mann filters and Bosch wipers.

Registered
Just had a call from where I had the four tyres fitted, Pagid discs and pads all corners fitted was 拢480 but will match the Ford website quote. So 拢410 ish. 馃憤
Just referring to the Ford prices you quoted the rears has an * marked against them. That would mean the price is for manual handbrake and electric is more.

I think to get the prices quoted by ford you have to book online. If this is your first change of pads for the front then do you really need discs.

Registered
Yeah I did read Fords exclusions and the leccy brake was NOT included.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts