Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I worked Huddersfield for 20 years as a cop.
A very diverse town, food wise as well.
Excellent curries and the majority of folk were nice.
it started to turn, from 2000 where people got in ya face.
I still get there with my new covert post and, sorry Huddersfield but you’ve gone down the pan.
Mind, Wakefield doesn’t fair much better.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
From our local butchers, a proper meat pie abut 9" diameter. They do steak and kidney, steak and potato and chicken and mushroom. Real meat and baked on site. Beats any available mass produced.
IMG_20201124_090940.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
I worked Huddersfield for 20 years as a cop.
A very diverse town, food wise as well.
Excellent curries and the majority of folk were nice.
it started to turn, from 2000 where people got in ya face.
I still get there with my new covert post and, sorry Huddersfield but you’ve gone down the pan.
Mind, Wakefield doesn’t fair much better.
We used to have Ken a local Bobby who travelled with the away fans. Occasionally, we would give him a lift the match in our car. Ken was just 5-ft 8 inches tall which was the minimum height for an officer in the Metropolitan Police. He used to say that when he had his ASP in his hand he was about 7 ft 6.

Lovely little guy now long since retired. He used to love Huddersfield because there was never ever any problems there.

·
Registered
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Smarty, That looks like a proper pie mate.
crust looks lovely and I bet its filled to the top with steak & kidney..........................bloody drooling now for a pie.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
As kid we used to argue who would get the kidney from the rabbit. We’d suck the meat off the bones but now no chance!!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
crust looks lovely and I bet its filled to the top with steak & kidney..........................bloody drooling now for a pie.
They are nice, going for one tomorrow. Just steak for me as I find kidney nearly as repulsive as eels lol

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
You want to see their sausage rolls. Made with a full sausage wrapped in the same pastry as shown on the pie. Better than Gregg's.

Reactions: Happyarry

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nothing beats a Dewdney's pasty from down that there Plymouth.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Not been there in years. Do they still have an old sailing ship there. I thought it was the Golden Hinds but checking shows it was the Mayflower. I won't be any good as an egghead lol, need more practice.

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Low in fat, high in protein and minerals. Delicious hot or cold. Apart from looking like a snake and being slimy, what's not to like?😊

·
Super Moderator
812 Posts
Ohhhh Nooooooo!!! Pengennas from Tintagel, now with a branch in Hakey Bay (St Ives, to the uninitiated).

It's well known I am the forum authority on Cornish Pasties (see my Avatar) as I can trace family back to 1328

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
If only the Oggy Oggy pasty company was still trading. When I worked in Euston they were my go-to place for lunch.

The Giant Chucky was the best pasty I've ever tasted including those that I've had while on holiday in Cornwall.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not been there in years. Do they still have an old sailing ship there. I thought it was the Golden Hinds but checking shows it was the Mayflower. I won't be any good as an egghead lol, need more practice.
No old ship. Just the steps the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from
Ohhhh Nooooooo!!! Pengennas from Tintagel, now with a branch in Hakey Bay (St Ives, to the uninitiated).

It's well known I am the forum authority on Cornish Pasties (see my Avatar) as I can trace family back to 1328
Anythings better than Gi#$%^rs though!

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
No old ship. Just the steps the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from
Anythings better than Gi#$%^rs though!
Just found the Oggy Oggy are still about, however a £15 flat delivery charge means I won't be ordering from them anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
812 Posts
It's worth noting that the Mayflower set off from Harwich first of all, but had so much trouble en route that she had to stop off at Plymouth...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
It's worth noting that the Mayflower set off from Harwich first of all, but had so much trouble en route that she had to stop off at Plymouth...
And it stayed there lol

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Wife decided to go the butchers today and brought back steak pie & sausage rolls. She's not so bad after all........

Reactions: Happyarry
61 - 80 of 99 Posts