Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
Reactions: smartguy69 and Les

Registered
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
Discussion Starter #42
Looks like this thread has hit the mark with the locals.

Booze is always a great thing to chat about 馃お, I'm BANNED from spirit's as it affect's my mind too much.

But it's good to see everyone getting there OFF topic chat in :unsure:

Reactions: b road blaster

Super Moderator
We bought some 151 degrees proof (75.5 degrees UK proof) Cockspur rum back from Barbados in the 1980s. Upon landing in Gatwick really early in the morning, I think we were the first flight in, we took the five 1L bottles through the red customs channel.

The customs officer opened the little wooden carrier, looked at the bottles, pulled one out, looked at us (we looked wrecked as the flight had been delayed due to fog), said "bugger your luck" and sent us on our way with no duty payable.

Registered
Watching the TV with a nice French Brandy, settled, warm, you know just right and all seems well.

You call it a night and stand up and oops a little tipsy sir, try not to look too hissed. Last big mouthful was gulped down, rather than sipping and enjoying the moment.

Enter the domain of a restful sleep and ahh.

Until it鈥檚 the middle of the night and the bladder wants to break the seal and you find out that walls have another use, a guide to be palmed along until the desired location is stumbled on. The return journey fairs no better with a stub toe somewhere along the way and no matter how quite you think you鈥檝e been.....you haven鈥檛. You are reminded, with much glee by t鈥檕ther half of the endless Amount of 鈥減huffing鈥 exhales of breath during the night, followed by 鈥渨hat we鈥檙e doing when you went to the toilet, bloody street could have heard you鈥

And alas, dear kugonians, then there is the 鈥渉eadache鈥 and raised voice reminding you that your having a full roast dinner at lunch time and woe betide any remarks of just wanting a simple sarny.

Apart from that, don鈥檛 mind a drop. Lol

Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
Watching the TV with a nice French Brandy, settled, warm, you know just right and all seems well.

You call it a night and stand up and oops a little tipsy sir, try not to look too hissed. Last big mouthful was gulped down, rather than sipping and enjoying the moment.

Until it鈥檚 the middle of the night and the bladder wants to break the seal and you find out that walls have another use, a guide to be palmed along until the desired location is stumbled on. The return journey fairs no better with a stub toe somewhere along the way and no matter how quite you think you鈥檝e been.....you haven鈥檛. You are reminded, with much glee by t鈥檕ther half of the endless Amount of 鈥減huffing鈥 exhales of breath during the night, followed by 鈥渨hat we鈥檙e doing when you went to the toilet, bloody street could have heard you鈥

And alas, dear kugonians, then there is the 鈥渉eadache鈥 and raised voice reminding you that your having a full roast dinner at lunch time and woe betide any remarks of just wanting a simple sarny.

I wandered what that noise was in the early hours, could you be a little quieter next time.

Registered
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White

So so true, just wish I could reach middle of the night, then I would make a noise 鈥測eeeessss鈥

Registered
Ah bless, the dreaded do I, or do I not. Latter usually wins.
Best option is not to drink after 9pm.....but I鈥檓 still like a race horse, when I go.

The things you talk about on a car forum!

Obviously, Kuga related 鈥渢opics鈥 are running low until we all move onto the mk3, then we can invade their segment, like parasites with our whimsical old fart been there drank that, palmed the wall and survived , stories of yonder year when men were men and driving vehicles with crash gearboxes, double clutch gear changes, pull out chokes, square steering wheels, plastic seat coverings and wind down windows. I know there鈥檚 a lot more but feel free to add to the list.

A glass of wine was from Yates wine lodge (not sure it was wine) , prawns in a bag with lashing of malt vinegar were the norm in the pubs, even in town and cockles if you were brave.

One more pint or bus fare home and maybe a burger from the small stand where it had been cooked it water along with the small onions.

Is that off topic on the off topic page or on topic as it鈥檚 on the off topic page where you can be as off topic as you want. Just asking.

No alcohol tonight just a 50/50 coffee milk/water. Lovely sometimes comes with a skin that scalds ya top lip and a single milk chocolate covered hob nob.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
Sounds like it's right on the off topic page mate.

Yep been there with the one more beer or bus fare home.

And we always ate cockles....................I'm a cockney.

Registered
I thought Americans ate , cookies, and us Brits, Cockneys included ate biscuits? Or jellied eels, omg pass me the barf bucket! 馃あ

Registered
Just seen on Facebook that this person is giving away his Kuga free. Seems genuine.
Facebook

Registered
Those burgers cooked in water were "Westlers". Usually sold by an old guy smoking a *** and their little stalls would be outside the cinemas. You can still get them today or at least you could last time I went to Makro. I stopped going when they spoiled it and took away all the gear that brought families into their stores but made them no money (allegedly).

The burger were actually a Hamburger. not sure if there was any actual ham in them but who cared after a few beers.

Reactions: Psshaw

Super Moderator
Sounds like it's right on the off topic page mate.

Yep been there with the one more beer or bus fare home.

And we always ate cockles....................I'm a cockney.
Never happier than when the cockle man used to come round the pub on a Friday night with cockles, whelks, mussels, prawns and my favourite of all jellied eels.

Whatever happened to all of the eel pie and mash shops?

Registered
Ah bless, the dreaded do I, or do I not. Latter usually wins.
Best option is not to drink after 9pm.....but I鈥檓 still like a race horse, when I go.

The things you talk about on a car forum!

stories of yonder year when men were men and driving vehicles with crash gearboxes, double clutch gear changes, pull out chokes, square steering wheels, plastic seat coverings and wind down windows. I know there鈥檚 a lot more but feel free to add to the list.
Don't forget the full size spare wheel. Evidently they don't fit them now to save weight. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What a load of Cod and Swallops. Cars are heavier now than they have ever been and don't get lighter with age due to the underseal, plastic liners and the disappearance of known inbuilt water traps, with slight exception.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
Nigel,
Them pie shops STILL exist and they are (or were) busy as ever.

Manzie & Cooks are the best pie shops, I would have pie & mash 3 times a week when I worked near Chapel street market in Islington (where I grew up) and Jellied or stewed Eels was always served in the shop.
There was LIVE Eels outside Manzies in Chapel street back in the 70's and you could watch the guy kill gut and chop them up in front of you.
Not allowed now obviously, bit too graphic.

Super Moderator
We had the wonderful Mrs Pink's in Brentford and there was a great pie and mash shop where the Hammersmith flyover now stands.

The busiest one local to me was Cookes, no relation to the one in East London, in Shepherd's Bush on the Goldhawk Road.

The site closed for 'redevelopment' about four years ago and remains untouched, so sad. The last time I had pie and mash was at a place just off Hoe Street in Walthamstow. It was ok but nothing special.

When the back permits and I can drive again I will make a pilgrimage to Manzi's.

Registered
We have Thorncliffe farm at Emery Moor by the mast.
OMG top quality pies etc and they have a butchers attached, everything thing is just so good!

Registered
C49F7202-622A-408B-A3F7-294EA7B5001C.jpeg
This is the culprit that caused the wall walking palming session. My daughter has returned it as I have gave it to her partner who hasn鈥檛 touched it. It鈥檚 a 350ml bottle and the missing bit is what I drank, so there鈥檚 the reason people for the infamous incident. Lol.

Super Moderator
We have Thorncliffe farm at Emery Moor by the mast.
OMG top quality pies etc and they have a butchers attached, everything thing is just so good!
Aye, you do get a good pie 'up north'. My son and I used to do a lot of away trips to watch Brentford. The pies at Wigan and Preston are legendary, however, the pies at Huddersfield are the most disgusting apologies for a piece of food stuff you can find anywhere in the country. A thin layer of grey potato slime occupying approximately 10% of a huge void in a disgusting pastry. From this you may conclude that I was not impressed 馃槅

Best away food anywhere though was at the late lamented Chester City where their pie and pasties and homemade soups were restaurant quality and really cheap.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts