Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all.

Can anyone suggest a really good alloy wheel application that will perhaps help keep them cleaner longer and stop the pad dust from impregnating the aluminium.

Similar question, reference the black plastics (Outside of Vehicle) , there are such a lot of cleaners etc on the market to choose from, could any of my fellow members please suggest a good black plastic cleaner.

Any help is much appreciated.

Yorky

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Yorky,
I use Autoglym bumper care for the black plastics, it is amazing stuff. It comes in a gel formula and you just apply a little with a soft cloth to the black plastics and leave to dry to a haze for a few minutes, then wipe off. The finish is brilliant, looks brand new.
Autoglym also do an alloy wheel cleaner and preserver, i haven't used it personally, however, my neighbour has and he says it is brilliant. There is posts on here previously which talk about the front wheels suffering from excessive brake dust, i tend to agree, but if you keep on top of the cleaning it is not too bad. The Autoglym products are brilliant, i have a few of them, including the ''high definition wax'', this is brilliant stuff and really does protect the paintwork and give off a brilliant shine.
I buy my Autoglym products from e-bay a seller named ''leighthevalet'', really cheap.
Hope this helps, by the way i am a Yorkshireman, originally from Hull !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now then Yorky, to answer your question on the Wheels I swear by Wonderwheels (carplan). It's about £12 from Halfords and comes in a bottle. You get a small brush so you can work it into those "hard to reach places". Had my Kuga two weeks, and the brake dust has already built up quite a bit. Used WW at the weekend and they're back to show room condition!! Halfords did have 2 for 1 on car cleaning so you might get it cheaper.
I also use Carplan Tyre Slick to keep the tyre walls shiny (and prevent cracking). What can I say, I'm a nerd!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Yorky,
I would have to agree with andy106 wonder wheels is good stuff.

Regarding black plastics.....years ago I used to usesomething called Back to Black in a spray can, it was good then but dont know if still exists cos I dont bother anymore.

Slimus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanx Kugace I may well treat the beast next time Im in there.

Slimus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi V&D.

Got the Autoglym Bumper Care and am well pleased.

Also treated the RGM Black bumper guard with the Autoglym and it looks superb.

Many thanks for the tip.

regards Yorky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Andy106,

Thanks for the tip, will certainly try the Car Plan Wonderwheels.

Used Autoglym Bumper Care on the black plastics as suggested by " V&D " and it works a treat . The Kuga looks absolutely stunning.

Back to the problem with brake dust, I'm going to get in touch with a company called Kleen Wheels who manufacture an alloy inner shield that fits inside the wheel and stops the dust from gettling on to the outside of the wheels.
Very professional bit of kit I'm led to believe. Will report back to the Forumwith any developments

Thanks again for the tip.

Regards Yorky

·
Registered
242 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts