Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
are those re-mapping thingies ok from a warranty perspective? any idea how much £ and what sort of difference they make? i want to look like a cool dad!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I emailed Superchips a couple of days ago enquiring as to whether or not they intend to bring out one for the Kuga.

I will let you know what they say....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Been on the bluefin/superchips site and they do the remapping for all other Fords which use the same engine. Hopefully, this means it can also be used in the Kuga as offers the S Max an extra 26 bhp and 54nm of torque. Nice

·
Registered
61 Posts
I heard back from Superchips - they don't currently have anything but opened up an offer if someone with a Kuga wanted to pop in to help speed up the development... ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awoooch 500 notes - thats well steep!

Just did a check using the focus 2.0l dw10 - impressive gains but £500... will need to think about that! Wondering about the claim about more mpg as well - normally more power means less mpg!

Should be a simple job to patch over the map from focus to kuga... we'll see!
Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
61 Posts
applematt said:

Just did a check using the focus 2.0l dw10 - impressive gains but £500... will need to think about that! Wondering about the claim about more mpg as well - normally more power means less mpg!

I know it might sound surprising but I had a Dreamscience remap on my ST Focus moving it from 225bhp to about 270bhp and surprisingly the fuel economy went from 22mpg to 25mpg.... more power and cheaper to run

·
Registered
102 Posts
chipping or remapping a car is tuning the engine to give it its full potential. A retune makes the engine run more efficiently and hence saves on MPG. My boss has a Range Rover and gets an extra 5-6 to the gallon since it was remapped and its 2 secs quicker 0-60. £500 would be money well spent if they develop a chip

·
Registered
418 Posts
but then the increase in insurance premium etc. etc.

the insurance industry is pretty clued up on remaps these days so you must tell them..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wise1 said:
applematt said:

I know it might sound surprising but I had a Dreamscience remap on my ST Focus moving it from 225bhp to about 270bhp and surprisingly the fuel economy went from 22mpg to 25mpg.... more power and cheaper to run
after BF was installed on the focus my mpg went from 26mpg to 17mpg... the extra horses was too good to resist - front rubber didnt last long either! That pedal on the right - did you actually use it
? lol

Seems little point in spending 500 on a remap and not taking advantage of more power - however i do understand how more mpg could be obtained... my right foot is far to heavy so i doubt i'll get better mpg!

·
Registered
102 Posts

received from superchips today for those interested.

Superchips are delighted to announce the introduction of a remap for the

Ford Kuga2.0 TDCi138bhp
Superchips optimize the performance of your car, helping to maximize your driving pleasure. We carefully match increases in turbo boostwith the remapped fuelling. It doesn't affect reliability or the life expectancy of the engine. We know ""“ we have more than 27 years' experience of enhancing the performance of engines.
Every Superchips remap delivers:
· An engine that responds more eagerly to your right foot
· Smoother power delivery making town driving much easier with fewer gear changes
· Improved acceleration for safer overtaking.
Your vehicle willgainapproximately20 bhp and42 Nm of torque (detailed power and torque curves can be viewed by clicking here).
We're confident that you'll be impressed with Superchips and offer a comprehensive Customer Service Guarantee:
· A no-quibble refund* within seven days if not completely satisfied (*less the fitting charge, your statutory rights are not affected)
· A lifetime guarantee for your Superchip remap
·A supplementary warranty for complete peace of mind
The UK recommended retail price is£499 including installation and VAT. Some regional variations may apply.

·
Registered
61 Posts
applematt said:
wise1 said:
applematt said:

after BF was installed on the focus my mpg went from 26mpg to 17mpg... the extra horses was too good to resist - front rubber didnt last long either! That pedal on the right - did you actually use it
? lol

Seems little point in spending 500 on a remap and not taking advantage of more power - however i do understand how more mpg could be obtained... my right foot is far to heavy so i doubt i'll get better mpg!

Oi I know where the right pedal was...

Ironically with the dreamscience Race+ remap it did improve MPG no matter how hard I was driving it... and to tell the truth I'm surprised I never got any points on my licence... or damaged any alloys down potholed B roads at speed
It was just too much fun to press the loud peddle and watch the turbo needle go all the way to the right... boy do I miss it...

Maybe I need to keep an eye on the BF version and wait and see what peoples opinion of it is...

·
Registered
30 Posts
We are pleased to announce that we have Code:Red handset and software upgrade for the Kuga with the 2.0tdci engine (we also have software for the fothcomming 2.5 petrol engine as well)

The system come with 12 months engine and drive train warranty and can be purchased direct or thorough selected Ford Main dealers (warranty can be extended for a cost of £120.00 pa)

The software has been extensivley developed and is currently being TUV approved and tested. The level 1 ugrade takes the power up to 135KW (181bhp) - 403Nm/297 lb/ft

Launch Offer £499.00

Gary - Code:Red UK

www.codered-performance.com

PM for further details

Edited by: wolfman

·
Registered
30 Posts
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The Code Red team in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region></st1:place> have confirmed some more details on the New Kuga 2.0TDC power upgrade.

Max Power: 135 KW/181 bhp
Max Torque: 403 Nm/297 lb/ft

Retail Price Handset & Software - £556.00 inc vat
Forum launch offer - £499.00 inc vat

The MD of RDi (owner of the Code Red brand) tells me he was struggling to keep up with one of the Kuga test cars on its way back from its TUV testing ""“ He was driving his Audi A8!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the code red require other mods to get those figures... i.e. new air filter matrix and exhaust - or its the complete system standard apart from the re-map?

1 - 20 of 551 Posts