Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell anything about the arrows. I have read little bits about changing gear before the red (I think) arrow shows up. I havnt seen these on min, am i driving to carefully? what are they and what do they mean. help please

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Agree, I keep watching my display and I haven't seen them either. I have an all singing all dancing Titanium so I would have thought they would have been standard issue. (And I hate not having gadgets that others might have!
)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My green arrow lights up all the time (Titanium), in the centre of the rev counter, never seen it go red though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine also has the green arrow that lights up all the time when it's time to change to a higher gear, normally @ 1800-2100 rpm depending on load
Never seen a red arrow, but haven't reved it much yet eithersince it's only got 1K km on it...

Can someone tell me @ what rpm the red arrow lights up and if it is the green arrow that turns red, or a seperate symbol??

Here's a pic of the green "economy" arrow.

It lights up so often. so if you have not seen it, you don't have it...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've never seen the green arrow, only the red which is about 4000rpm and just before the limiter. Normally only see it in first gear when escaping from the quiet road into traffic and trying to get some speed up fast. Mines a Summer 2008 4wd 2.0d.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Only time I have seen the green arrow is when I switch on, nothing after this??

Raymondo111

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a discussion about this elsewhere but to summarise i think i am right in saying that some of the kugas have a warningarrow that shines red if you hit too high revs only, while others have an information one that goes green to show you when it is fuel efficient to change gear. Havnt worked out why some cars have one not the other - whether it is when they were built or awd/2wd or zetec/titanium.
mikew

·
Registered
79 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" style="table-layout: fixed;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
BigGeord Kuga Titanum AWD Red Arrow only
Wildyce Kuga T AWD Red Arrow Only Sep08
capainkevey kuga zetec 2wd no arrows at all
feb 09 factory order

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
446 Posts
<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR =msgOddTableRow style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px">
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top>
<DIV =msg>BigGeord Kuga Titanum AWD Red Arrow only Nov 08

</TD></TR>
<TR =msgOddTableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
446 Posts
<DIV ="msg">BigGeord Kuga Titanum AWD Red Arrow only Nov 08
capainkevey kuga zetec 2wd no arrows at all
feb 09 factory order

</TR></T>

·
Registered
76 Posts
<DIV ="msg">Updated the list

<DIV ="msg">

<DIV ="msg">BigGeord Kuga Titanum AWD Red Arrow only
capainkevey kuga zetec 2WDno arrows at all
feb 09 factory order

Kuga Cat Titanium 2WD Green (no red, but havent pushed it yet!) March 09

<DIV ="msg">Rich_y2Titanium AWD Green (tried revving it and no sign or red) Feb 09 factory build

<DIV ="msg">sap_2000 Titanium AWDGreen (no red, but havent pushed it yet!) March 09

<DIV ="msg">

·
Registered
22 Posts
feb 09 factory order

<DIV ="msg">Rich_y2Titanium AWD Green (tried revving it and no sign or red) Feb 09 factory build

<DIV ="msg">sap_2000 Titanium AWDGreen (no red, but havent pushed it yet!) March 09

<DIV ="msg">Michaelh4 Titanium AWD Red only - March 09

·
Registered
79 Posts
when you press the power button all the icon lights, light up on the tacho & speedo after a few seconds they go out ,when you do this and you have a green/red arrow is this diplayed as well and than goes out ?
i assume they do this to check the system and also that a bulb for one item hasent blowen .

·
Registered
130 Posts
michaelh4 said:
feb 09 factory order

<DIV ="msg">Raptor ZetecAWD Red only -Jun08

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
feb 09 factory order

<DIV ="msg">Raptor ZetecAWD Red only -Jun08

<DIV ="msg">brucekuga Titanium 2wd built 11/08 red arrow atstart up only
Edited by: BruceKuga

1 - 20 of 97 Posts