Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, we took a test drive in the Kuga last weekend and were very impressed. Athough we didn't have a chance to thrash it down the motorway (the salesman was sitting in the back!) we had a drive through the local village and on some rural roads. It holds well on mini-roundabouts - the wife clung onto the seat but was pleasantly suprised when it did not roll (unlike another car we test drove).

We are looking for a car to pull a small caravan, probably later this year or next year, which brings me onto my question. When will the 'reversing camera' option be readily available for the Kuga? Some literature says this option will be ready later this year, but I could not find any dates.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I test drove mine I drove it Like Gronholm tests it in the video (well maybe not that bad) but I really did punish it and corner hard putting it through its paces I tested quite a few cars including new Mer C class estate, Subaru Forester, Freelander, Outlander, Rav 4. The Kuga blided the lot of them should get mine delivered October so cant wai

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having read that the Reversing Camera would be available in 2008 (according to the brochure),I asked Ford via email.
I've just had a reply from Ford Information Service that the Reversing Camera is "not yet available on the Ford Kuga, and unfortunately no date has been decided", and thus no price available.

Ah well, I guess I will just haveto wait....

.... or use the Maplin version

·
Registered
69 Posts
Newga said:
Having read that the Reversing Camera would be available in 2008 (according to the brochure),I asked Ford via email.
I've just had a reply from Ford Information Service that the Reversing Camera is "not yet available on the Ford Kuga, and unfortunately no date has been decided", and thus no price available.

Ah well, I guess I will just haveto wait....

.... or use the Maplin version

It's really frustrating - I went to www.ford.no and the reversing camera is available on the Norwegian Kuga as an option. I was hoping that because the new brochure still makes a big deal about it, it would be available soon...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Zetec, My Norwegian is not very good but I followed your link to the Ford.Norway pages and it looks like the camera is estimated in the august production? ..... (inkl parkeringskamera estimert fra august produksjon)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Newga said:
Hello Zetec, My Norwegian is not very good but I followed your link to the Ford.Norway pages and it looks like the camera is estimated in the august production? ..... (inkl parkeringskamera estimert fra august produksjon)

My Norwegian is awful

I went to the car configurator:

http://www.ford.no/ie/Kuga/-/sbe_kuga_config_iapp/-/-/-/-

Selected the options tab ('Ekstrautstyr')...and found this:

"Navigasjonssystem DVD med 7" touchscreen kr 20 300,00

2-sone klima og Sony radio/CD spiller med 8 høyttalere - over radio/CD 6000 (inkl parkeringskamera fom juni produksjon) "

Does that mean June Production?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it looks like June, but no mention of which year, or if the camera needs to be right hand drive!

Perhaps if we knew which plant was making the Kuga we could find out more details from their country Option list.....?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
For what it's worth the Spanish Kuga e-brochure also lists the 'camera trasera' as an option for the two versions available here the Trend and Titanium, butwith the same note to say in the brochre that its available 'during 2008',like almost everywhere.

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts