Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...has anyone found out what sort of depreciation they have had on there kugas yet....would be nice to know how the prices are holding up compared to what we paid

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've just been quoted 16400 for a new 2wd kuga zetec with appearance and conv pack plus blue tooth. a 2008 2nd hand one i guess 15k going by the above price

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Ford Kuga retains its value better than every other car in the UK except one, according to the latest residual values table.

Foxtrot_mike, thought this may be of interest to you? Good news as far as I can see!!
"In a study based on three year old/37,000 mile cars by the used car expert Glass Guide, the Ford Kuga has been revealed as the second best car for residual value after the more off-road-oriented Toyota Land Cruiser.

According to the data, a three year old used Ford Kuga keeps 71.6 per cent of its original price after depreciation has been taken into account.

The residual value of a car pretty much depends on what type of car it is, how many of them there are, and how popular they are in the market as well as individual aspects such as specification and mileage.

The 4x4 Ford Kuga has had lots of retail interest which has out outweighed its supply. This means that when it comes to selling a Ford Kuga its residual, or 'resale', value will be very high because of its desirability to customers.

One of the main reasons for the Ford Kuga's popularity is due to the increasingly tough weather conditions over the last two years, which therefore has resulted in motorists wanting more powerful and all-terrain types of vehicles.

This rise is residual value due to bad weather conditions should theoretically continue until at least February next year.

But it's not only road functionality that effects residual value, as the likes of image, improved economy and high driving position also have an influential effect on a customer's vehicle choice. All of these factors correspond with the Ford Kuga's specification."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not quite cos i want to buy one, and the prices arent coming down lol (maybe in the summer or when the new model comes out)

When I buy one the above can happen no problem.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was told that Kuga is Ford's best model at retaining its value...Hence ive just ordered Kuga number four, had silver,vision blue,micastone,next is midnight sky all have been on19" wheels.
Just been told 18" wheels have been discontinued.

·
Registered
645 Posts
bazza said:
Hi all, i've just part x my 2wd titanium, 12000 miles,
on a 2010 59 plate for a new awd auto titanium and ford
gave me £16330...hope this help.

Bazza
How much was the new one Bazza? You get a good deal on it?

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have had my Kuga since new (2009) as a company car. Its the Zetec AWD 2.0 diesal version with 39K miles.

I have just purchased from the lease company and have now would like to sell it. Can anyone recommenda price that it should go up for? I have had a dealer offer me £12,500 but this does seem a little low to me as I it is mint.

any ideas on a price or a good place to sell it then please let me know.

many thanks

Stuart

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hi Stuart,
Have a look on Autotrader for comparisons (there's a few private sales advertised for 2009 Kugas <40k miles around £13,500 - this would be higher than a dealer p/ex...) , and you could try GumTree to sell.

You can play with Dealer part exchanges anyway as it's the price difference that you get that matters. So you can agree to a low p/ex if you get money off the asking price (with extras - tax, mats, servicing etc) - the dealer might offer £1000 more for p/ex but then not budge on the selling price...

Are buying another Kuga? Good Luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last time I was at the dealer I mentioned having a new Kuga. He started off with he would offer me a lot less as my Titanium does not have the App pack. Although it does have the full BT voice control system and front and rear parking sensors.

I stopped him in his tracks and said I would keep it then, as I don't want the tinted windows as parking is a nightmare by me, and tints in the dark are more of ahindrance. Has anyone else been told this? personally I think he was trying to pull a fast one.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Have not heard that. Some people dont like the glass and rack, whereas others refer it. Beauty in the eye of the beholder as they say. Sounds like the dealer is a fool. The appearance pack would be worth more if a customer is willing to pay extra for it!Usually the car is worth a standard price regardless of options fitted, until the advertise the sale vehicle with the stuff!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah it seemed like rubbish at the time. I have never had such a negative response when I talk about buying a new car before.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounds like rubbish to me as well KM. Slightly lessperhaps but not a lot less.I know 7 people with titanium Kugas and 4...yes 4... prefered not to have the appearance pack, two of thembecause they don't want the dark rear windows and two who said it wasn't worth the extra cost. Mine happens to have the pack but it wouldn't bother me too much without if I was looking for a car. I'd check with another dealer or for 3 quid or so you could get a fairly accurate price from 'Parkers' on the 'net.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Agree with above, get a few different dealers to value your car. Take your best quote back to your dealer then challenge them to match or better it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My old Kuga is up for sale at Dagenham MotorsStamford Hill at £19,981.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kugamatt,

I would give the dealer a complete miss if you can and sell private?

Last August, Ford rang me up just as my 3 year deal was up on my 2008 Zetec and said that they would offer me top dollar for it (as I told them I was buying a car from a different brand). I went into the showroom and the dealer physically showed me the guide bookwhich showed that the trade-in value of my car was £12,500.

He then offered me £11,500 as he would have trouble shifting mine with it being summer!!!

It is for this exact lack of respect for the customer that I was changing brands to start with (due to poor service recieved during my 3 years of ownership).

I put it in autotrader for £14, 250 and sold it within a day to the first person who looked at it for the full asking price!

So, If I were you it could be worth advertising elsewhere and using the dealer as a last resort. Kuga's are always going to be a popular car (so much so I am thinking of another), so I would think you would have no trouble selling regardless of spec if the price is right!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree with you CeeBee about the total lack of respect for the customer. For this reason I'm looking else were for my next car. Ford- brilliant cars, crap customer service.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
ceebee.Good advice and I love a story with a happy ending. Sadly many of today's car manufacturers are not that a***ed about customer service or repeat business, they work on the 60 million plus potential victims salesethos, many of the others are just as bad, Ford are no different. With the new Kuga on the horizon (early 2013) I'm just wondering who will bethe first KOC member to be told by a salesman as he shakes his head tut's and kicks your tyres "thing is your Kuga is the old model, that nobody wants" Anyone out there who still thinks that Arthur Daley has long gone . . . think again.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts