Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1301 - 1313 of 1313 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Lots of information here, look for discussion and pictures from about May 2012 onwards and keep reading as this is quite a long job with a few tricky tasks that are well explained with good tips as you read on.Edited by: AMC1

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Fitted mine a few years back now and cannot remember offhand. One tip I would give is instructions say cut wire to sidelights ( cannot remember colour) but all I did was remove sidelight bulb as DRL becomes new sidelight as it dims when headlights are on.
Reading instructions it looks complicated but total job only took me about 75 mins, found it straightforward when I got into itEdited by: phoneman

·
Registered
121 Posts
Today I fit genuine Ford DRL set. But they not working properly. When light switch it's on the position 0 working only passenger side DRL with the same power like when headlight are on (50% of power)
When switch it's on the position ON they both are lighting in 50% I thing.

Grateful with any help. I have no idea with it.
Maybe the wiring kit is not ok?Edited by: MaoVi

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
When you unlock car DRLs come on at full power , when you switch on headlights they dull down to about 50% of intensity (as they become sidelights), I reckon you have a wiring problem

·
Registered
121 Posts
The power for DRLs is supply from F25 fuse and this is "ignition"
That's is wrote in Ford instruction included to set.

Anyway it's possible as something wrong with wiring.
It's nightmare to find the problem now, send wiring back and connect another new one.

The DRLs have got 3 pin, so they have to be:
(+)
(-)
(Headlight (+) for dim 50%) ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Okay sorted now. Wiring from ignition and headlight plug have to change. In instruction longest cable it's for ignition but should be to socket pin4.
Thanks for help

·
Registered
121 Posts
phoneman said:
When you unlock car DRLs come on at full power , when you switch on headlights they dull down to about 50% of intensity (as they become sidelights), I reckon you have a wiring problem
How to turn on the DRLs on when unlocking car?
Where I have to connect the wire?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Thats the way mine worked when I fitted them on my Mk1 following the wiring diagram that came with Ford DRLs

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is interesting how many versions Ford provided...
I get set: 1 799 245 (April 2016)

And there I got in instruction to wiring them into ignition.
In fuse box it's about 100 cables if you don't remember which one activated them when you open car, it will be long way to find it ;)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Its a while since I did mine but fuse F11 in engine bay fuse box seems to ring a bell if I remember correctly. Sorry I cannot help you further, I no longer have the car and did not keep the wiring instructions. My car was a 61 plate MK1 and I bought the DRLs in 2012Edited by: phoneman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great drl idea is replace the bottom front fogs with these :https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automotive-BRL0402-Daytime-Running/dp/B00BRI6BWK

Work as drl`s and can be used as fogs using a 5pin relay so turn bright when fog light button is switched on , so easy to install us a hot glue gun and 2 cups of nice tea

·
Registered
178 Posts
Be aware there are some reg`s about the position of DRL`s:

They should be at least 25 cm above the road, the outer edge of DRL`S must be not more than 40 cm from the edge of the vehicle, the distance between the lamps must be more than 60 cm.

Delo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
phoneman said:
Its a while since I did mine but fuse F11 in engine bay fuse box seems to ring a bell if I remember correctly. Sorry I cannot help you further, I no longer have the car and did not keep the wiring instructions. My car was a 61 plate MK1 and I bought the DRLs in 2012
This F11 it's "Ignition" as well, not basic fuse but relay.
I'm not sure how it works so I not touch this.
Thanks for your answers.

1301 - 1313 of 1313 Posts