Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just rewading the negatives?

Creaking dash, or rear seats...

Plastic bits hanging off...

Poor MPG...

Rattling rear door...

Needing to change the interior lights...

Problems with carpet quality and fitting...

Have I done the right thing? Just handed back a BMW. I know it's a different car and am ready for that, but I hope it's not a total rattle!!!

Mine's due this week. Won't sleep now...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
<A name=8633></A>Premiershipwanderere. Dont worry. Mine is fine..... touch wood. Done 3500 miles in 4 months, and im still happy with it. No rattles. 38 mpg shopping trips, 42>48 on m/ways.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mines just over a year, 10K mileage, BEST car I have ever had. Still get a thrill (
) when I go out in it and still enjoying the admiring looks.

Look forward to getting your Kuga, you will love it.

PS What Beemer did you get rid of?
Not an X3?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Stick with it. Mine's done 20k (second service next week)and not a single issue. Fixed the carpet and interior lights issues myself, doesn't have any rattles and the last four tanks have returned 42mpg steady with driving up to 70.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.
Was a BMW 318i M Sport - so this will be something v different. Never fancies and X3, but love the look of the Kuga, which would suit a German badge I'd say!

What are the carpet and interior light issues?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
A German badge? wellthe Kugais made in Saarlouis Germany. In the same boat as you delivery 4/5 weeks but at least we have an excellent forum to air our views,opinions whether they be positive as themajority appear to be, or negative and if a dealer or Ford try to fobb us off with the lines Well this is a first or nothing like that has ever happened before we have a point of reference and we can refer back to posts on Kuga Owners Club website.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Winston has a fuel leak and oil leaking from his AWD transmission, he's 3 months old, done 6000milesbut we love him and wouldn't change him.
Happy driving.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Winston I admire your stoicism I have a 2WD on order No I'm not being smug but I dare say someone will soon point out they have oil leaking from one. Like a new house, always something but at least we can share it with friends

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks but not so much stoicism but appreciative of the fact that the Ford delaership provide me with an outlet to vent my frustrations on their staff for all of the stress I endure during my work andbetween each mechanical problem Winston has and blessed are the cherubs on the other side of the counter who continue to smile and nodd, knowingly they would love to tell me to go away but they can't...this is the little satisfaction I accquire, 'tis the power of owning the Kuga.

·
Registered
385 Posts
as i have said before i love the car but the paint work is very poor and seems vert thin coat,check for scratches and marks before accepting on handover,this is my 2nd kuga and i the diamondbrite paint treatment to try and protect it but i still have scratches,i no now all paints are water based,but the paint work seems a lot better on the freelander,but to get the same spec car hst would have cost me £30,000

1 - 11 of 11 Posts