Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kuga is 7 year old and I don't think the aircon has ever been serviced/topped up. Now I'm on holiday and its underperforming. So,is it possible to inject more gas into via some valve and has anyone any idea where said valve would be, like a diagram/ photo would be great.
Thank-you

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
553 Posts
You have to be careful DIY. Much easier and cheaper (in the long run) to take your car to any half-decent garage (backstreet or Ford etc.) and they can carry it out for you at around £50. Even tyre places nowadays seem to offer it....Qwik-Fit, F1 Autocentres, Halfords etc...

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,787 Posts
I had mine done at ATS last time. Cost me £35 but a few years ago now. I wouldn't try a DIY option either. I believe the machines are set up to purge your existing system and then make sure only the right amount of refrigerant is put back in. It will also test your existing system for leaks before any new gas is put in.

·
5,787 Posts
Reactions: DAJJ

·
Registered
522 Posts
DIY kits are a big no no. It needs to be properly vacuumed out, then re-gassed with the correct volume of refrigerant and oil

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took to garage this morning, guy hooked up his pressure tester and the verdict is a leak, somewhere. Suggests I book in next week for 2days so he can find and fix then refill. Does that sound 'nornal ',? I'm in France and have used this garage several times and he's always been good. No charge for the half hour testing..

·
5,787 Posts
Sounds perfectly feasible and confirmation why a DIY kit is a No-No.

Reactions: Terrier50
1 - 9 of 9 Posts