Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm new to ownership of ford kuga and noticed that my aircon has started to fluctuate rpms while sitting at idle like 200rpm up and down, my aircon is still cold like ice just frustrated that the revs bounce up and down is there anyone who might be able to steer me in right direction to being able to get an idea on what it maybe? Was still going to take it in to aircon dealer but would be nice if I could buy any parts needed and just get them to install them Many thanks in advanced
Doug

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hi Doug, welcome to the forum.
Ford never made a 1.3l Ecoboost Kuga is it a 1.6l?
Why do you think there's a problem with the aircon, my car also fluctuates when it idles with the aircon on.

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Hi all
I'm new to ownership of ford kuga and noticed that my aircon has started to fluctuate rpms while sitting at idle like 200rpm up and down, my aircon is still cold like ice just frustrated that the revs bounce up and down is there anyone who might be able to steer me in right direction to being able to get an idea on what it maybe? Was still going to take it in to aircon dealer but would be nice if I could buy any parts needed and just get them to install them Many thanks in advanced
Doug
Welcome to the forum Doug.

Perfectly normal for the revs to fluctuate as the air conditioning clutch kicks in and out not really anything that you can do about it, it's designed to do that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry yes it is a 1.6lt it's just.Strange as it's never done it before when using aircon, only started about 2 weeks ago and would have thought it wouldnt pulse up and down over 200rpm range, even if its compressor kicking in and out? Might just take it to aircon tech to make sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts