Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
had Kuga for about a month now and have a couple of things I don't understand:

1. The Air Con button seems to light up of it's own accord. Every time I get in and start up the Air Con button is lit, so I switch it off and then later on I'll notice it's on again?

I have fiddled around with the heating controls and have found that every time I move the direction dial from the feet/face setting to the windscreen setting the Air Con light comes on?

Is that right or is mine Donald Ducked?

2. The Parking Sensors - I have no idea when they are on or when the are off. I imagined that if I set them to on they would be on all the time? However, I switch them on as I drive up to my garage and then turn the engine off (so they're still set to on) I get in the following day and start up and they make the noise (as I'm parked up against the garage) and then drive to work (still on presumably) then when I drive home at the end of the day and drive up the driveway to the garage nothing sounds? So I press the button and then the beeping starts - so presumably between setting off in the morning and getting home in the evening they have gone off, although I have not touched the switch????

Are they Donald as well???

If this is how everyones Kuga is then I'll live with it, but if this isn't then I'll go back to the dealer and get them to have a look.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not sure about Q1. Mine may well do the same. I think it does, but I'll check.

2. Parking sensors automatically switch off when the vehicle exceedsabout 10mph I think. They also switch off when the engine is switched off. Engaging reverse gear should automatically should switch them on, so my guess is that in the morning when you get in and start the engine, they should be off, until you select reverse gear. So to answer your question, they are off most of the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Air con will always come on when you select the windscreen option on the dial. This is normal and aids in demisting the screen.

If you leave the dial in the windscreen position when you turn the car off and then come back to it with it in the same position the ari con will come on when you start the car.

This should only happen in the windscreen position. No other position on the dial shoud do this.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i had climate control in my qashqai. i'd much rather have the old style heat,direction and fan speed control. its simplier. everytime you touch the cc on came the air con

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I dont know about parking sensors as i dont have them but your air con is correct. when you select the windscreen setting the air con does come on to assist clearing it. this is also true with cmax and focus i have had. when you select a different position the air con will need to be turned off manually. hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BruceKuga said:
I dont know about parking sensors as i dont have them but your air con is correct. when you select the windscreen setting the air con does come on to assist clearing it. this is also true with cmax and focus i have had. when you select a different position the air con will need to be turned off manually. hope this helps.

Is there an echo in here
lol
Edited by: SA12

1 - 9 of 9 Posts