Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put some aftermarket alloy wheels on to their machine yet, if so have you any pics?
I am interested in these 19" wheels and all comments are welcome.

OR THESE:

<!-- .''; .'</>');
document.write('<'+'/'+'>');
//-->
</>

They will be going on my Panther Black Kuga, to which I just tinted the side windows on.

Or do I just powder coat my normal 18" alloys??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Both look great!!!

Personally, I wouldput the aftermarket ones on rather than stick with the Ford wheels. (I prefer the bottom wheels), Nothing wrong with the Ford Alloys, but just so the car stands out from other panther black Kugas. just be careful that you don't end up with a pimp-machine (unless that's the look you're aiming for)?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bottom wheel looks like the spokes protrude outwards from the rim so they will catch the kerb first, like the dotz wheel and the split rim, classy andnot in your face. Tyres with rim protection needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi dai

I prefer the top ones. Plus if you bought a new set then at least you have the originals to stick back on it when you trade it in for the RS !!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally, I think they look a little bit boy-racer. The kind of thing you see on little boys' cars that are all mouth and no go. Powdercoating your 18's is a different story. That sounds like it would be rather nice. Edited by: ilove1981

·
Registered
144 Posts
Many, many years ago I had a pug 309 GTI and I had the wheels powdercoated in a gunmetal silver, with the outer rim & face skimmed & polished so they looked like chrome.
Looked fantastic & only cost £35.00 per wheel (at the time).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts