Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think if you select the Bi-Xenon headlamps, they are adaptive. Cant confirm this, but there is no way to select adaptive headlights as an option on the website.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A little additional light should come on inside your headlamp cluster dependant on which way you turns your wheels.... 'Static Cornering Lamps' I think they're called rather than the moving beam.

·
Registered
227 Posts
According to the owners manual, AFS would appear to be standard on all models. This is not clear tho.

----------

The AFS adjusts the headlamp dipped beam depending on vehicle direction and speed. It improves visibility when you are driving at night and helps to reduce headlamp glare for oncoming drivers.

The headlamps will also move when the vehicle is stationary and the steering wheel is turned. To prevent headlamp glare for the oncoming traffic, they will only move towards the passenger side of the vehicle.

The system will not operate when you have switched on the daytime running lamps or when you have selected reverse gear.

To activate the AFS when the daytime running lamps are activated, turn the lighting control to position C.

----------

Position C being the headlights on position.

I found this info here...

http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Vehicle%20Manuals/Kuga/Kuga%20CG3542%20EN%2002-2008.pdf

Posted by someone else on this forum. It's quite a big file at 29MB.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly I sat in the car while in the garage and tried playing with the headlights, watching the low beam patterns on the closed garage door with the engine off and on *don't this try at home this with a normal smokin' diesel* for a few minutes late last night. Lock-to-lock no change. I'm in a LHD in Spain so the beams should shift right, right? Auto lamps, normal lamps on (C position). Hmm... another one of those 'wait for it' features?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts