Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Glad you all walked away ...scary
My pre collision warning came on today while turning right with oncoming traffic..got a warning and flashing red collision sign in the heads up display .....I thought I was safe to turn the system didn't.... luckily it did not apply the brakes ....but thought at the time if it had I would be stuck infront of oncoming traffic.... also had a random parking assist failure today when not using ....and loads of blind spot alerts in wing mirror.....when nothing there ....this was driving in heavy rain ....i assume the rain is affecting the sensors ....not good for the UK climate ....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Mondeo (waiting for the Kuga) with AEB (under 30mph).
On the Mondeo the sensor is on the windscreen behind the rearview mirror.

Probably the same on the Kuga.
I recall Mercedes having similar issues and they recalled a bunch of their cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I reported the safety defect to the DVSA, ford research engineers have been to inspect the car. They told the garage where the car is to cancel the ordered parts To repair the damage caused from the collision, they are not releasing much information and won’t talk to me but their insurance people have contacted me, they are asking to buy the vehicle back. I am worried that if I agree to this that will be case closed... I want to receive the full report of their inspection. Any advice?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Sounds like they want to squash any underlying issues coming to light by buying back the car and as you say case closed .....maybe you should take some legal advice...... or alternatively take the money and get shut .... difficult choice large companies are all the same wanting to supress issues with their cheque book
good luck in what ever you decide ..and keep us informed

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you can get back into DVSA it would be interesting to see what they say?.

Sounds like Ford are trying to sweep it under the carpet?. Bet all crash data has been wiped..

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Are they offering to pay you the full purchase price, or more/ less?

It seems like it's the best and cheapest option for them. Did they also mention you'd need to sign a non disclosure agreement if you took the payment?

Definitely get legal advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They are offering to buy the vehicle back as per the original sales invoice. No mention of a non disclosure agreement as yet.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
They are offering to buy the vehicle back as per the original sales invoice. No mention of a non disclosure agreement as yet.
No mention of compensation for the stress and inconvenience caused by the accident due to the seriousness of where it happened.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nothing as yet, Ford won’t even talk to me. I was contacted by a third party administrator.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Really poor of Ford, suppose they know they have a problem with the car but not willing to publicly admit it. As others above have said they just want to sweep it under the carpet and case closed. Wonder if they get the car they fully investigate it or just crush and forget.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad you all walked away ...scary
My pre collision warning came on today while turning right with oncoming traffic..got a warning and flashing red collision sign in the heads up display .....I thought I was safe to turn the system didn't.... luckily it did not apply the brakes ....but thought at the time if it had I would be stuck infront of oncoming traffic.... also had a random parking assist failure today when not using ....and loads of blind spot alerts in wing mirror.....when nothing there ....this was driving in heavy rain ....i assume the rain is affecting the sensors ....not good for the UK climate ....
i would like to report that what has happened to Jizzer has happened to me twice since i have had my new Mark 3 Kuga. Each time the warning collision came on was when oncoming traffic approached my drivers side coming close in another opposite lane. When i say close it was not dangerous close, luckily the brakes did not automatically come on. So i do not know if it it was a normal setting to come on at that range or a AEB fault. When the warning comes on it scares the crap out of you, and you have seconds to respond to it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Having just commented on a potential problem with AEB, i decided to consult and read the handbook on it.From what i can glean what happened to me was more of a sensitivity issue rather than a fault. the handbook says the system is designed to provide three levels of functionality.
1. Alert - when active, a flashing visual warning appears and an audible warning tone sounds.
2. Brake support - the system is designed to help reduce the impact speed by preparing the brakes for rapid braking.
3. Active braking - active braking may activate if the system determines that a collision is imminent.
Note - if you perceive pre-collision assist alerts are being too frequent or disturbing, then you can reduce the alert sensitivity. Though the manufacturer recommends using the highest sensitivity setting where possible. Setting lower sensitivity would lead to fewer and later system warnings.
Having read all of that i believe i experienced no.1 Alert when it twice activated rather than a fault, because on both occasions an oncoming car came close to my drivers front end. Still scares the crap out of you when the alert goes off. My experience does not mean that there is potentially not a problem with other owners like Dancia.

Reactions: smartguy69
21 - 34 of 34 Posts