Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I am to join this illustrious group of Kuga owners; verysoon.

2WD version; Titanium, Appearence pack, convenience pack and Scuff plates.

My problem/dilema!

Colour: Sea Grey, Avalonor Tango. I think? just want a change from Silver and Black( my usual choice)

Anyone got the Tango, Sea Grey or Avalonout there, I cant find one to look @, any pics on the web I could look @?

What do you think of my options, good mix?

Cheers

Terry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hope the other owners don't mind me linking to their great photos, but here are your colours sir :)

Tango

Sea Grey

Avalon

I reckon you'll need to see the colours actually in the flesh to make a better decision - sunlight and dodgy PC monitors make a huge difference!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Zetec

All very good, must admit the Sea Grey looks fantastic (the wifes colour choice!)

Thanks again.

Terry

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went for the Sea Grey and am totally chuffed with it.

Had a CMax in the same colour before and liked it on that, but for me the Kuga looks stunning in it - particularly with the silver roof rails, chrome window trim and the polished rims on the 18"s which all contrast nicely with the paintwork.

Decisions decisions...!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, SprayAway

Do the 18'simpact the drive in any way, better/worse/mpg?

Now then.....................

Will I get 50mpg, my commute is 100 miles round trip for work, 85 miles motorway

Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lancashire Lad said:
Thanks, SprayAway

Will I get 50mpg, my commute is 100 miles round trip for work, 85 miles motorway

Cheers
I got Sea Grey too - fantastic when clean - gets real dirty though!

The 18" wheels are excellent and the ride is supple - I can safely say that it is by far the most comfortable car I have owned (but then again, a Puma and a Focus RS aren't built for comfort!)

Mpg - I haven't hit 1000 miles yet so the engine's still a bit tight, and I'm only getting around 30mpg unfortunately (mostly town and a-roads).

·
Registered
418 Posts
I went for Avalon as it changes colour depending on the light which I like, although the car was an impulse buy as it was there but I would have chosen it after seeing it.

The 18" wheels are a must as they look great and I really like the drug dealer windows.

I just wish they did door step things for the real 4x4 look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh my god: this is one **** of an ugly colour!!I would go for the Sea Grey!
Eh, I think Tango is a great colour, looks great when its sunny, easy to spot in the car park as it doesn't blend in with every other car.

I had a grey 06 Mazda MX-5 before and wanted a more colourful car, so I chose Tango as it looked amazing in the showroom with the appearnce pack and tinted windows and 18" wheels and I just had to have it
Edited by: stewart

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Stewart,

I like all the colours in the Kuga range, I do think you have a point about finding the car in the car park, it's easy to spot a bright colour. My current car a new Fiesta is silver, but my absolute favourite is black. My Kuga, which is delivered at the end of Febuary is black and I can't wait.

Good luck with your Kuga I'm sure you will love it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lancashire Lad said:
Thanks, SprayAway

Cheers

I don't know if the 18"s have any effect, as the demo I drove also had 18"s. But for looks you HAVE to go for them (if not the 19"s) However, as for mpg (see previous threads on this topic), I think you'll only ever get 50 mpg by going down 45 degree hills with a gale-force tail wind. The most I have had is 42mpg on a long run, but with general use (ie school runs, local shops etc) I get between 34 and 35mpg.

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your comments, I live in hope it seems for the magic 50mpg, 2WD tad better on the fuel it seems (Mr optimist!) I will let you all know.
Colour;down to Avalon & Sea Grey (then the wife chips in "Just seen a black Kuga;stunning!)

What do you think of my options, good mix? I was going to stick with the 17" wheels, you got me thinking now

Cheers

Terry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts