Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
874 Posts
I'm amazed you got them working correctly - LEDs are notoriously awkward when it comes to dimming etc!

Good job (y)

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK2 2014 Titanium X Sport 4x4 2.0TDCI 180PS Manual Sync1
203 Posts
I have read this solution on Polish forum, they had this issue upgrading Mondeo MK5 headlights.
LED bulb in corner light dimming after turn, but this is not that smooth till off compare to halogen.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I changed bulbs to Auxbeam D3S 6000K and I think there might be faulty because they has "green tint" mostly visible on sides. I know new xenon should be burn out in about 40hours, but they can change colour from green to white/blue?

I have only one not the best picture...

·
Registered
203 Posts
@MaoVi I have Autobeam 6000k bulbs in mine and they're great, much cheaper than the Osram ones you have mentioned above.

Definitely worth a look. Autobeam
Do you have a green/blue colour tint of them?
Seller said is normal, but I cannot find any green light in kelvin spectrum. They looks weird for me...
...I ordered in 3rd attempt RCP 6000K

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
776 Posts
No, mine don’t have any green in them. Have you got a good shot against a wall, the photo you added on here wasn’t great. Do you have a better shot?
Have you contacted Autobeam to see what they think, I’ve always found there customer service great.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Auxbeam support not simplify. They told it supposed to be green/blue. I ordered another brand RCP 6000K to compare. I will contact support once again probably tommorow.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
874 Posts
I'd checkout Autobeam as well (y)

·
776 Posts
When you Auxbeam, is that a typo? Do you actually mean Autobeam or are we talking about a different supplier?

I have always found them to be more than helpful, I have had one of these bulbs replaced without question.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Probably they are different persons on webside and eBay. On official site they was out of stock and I ordered them from Ebay. I will return them anyway and order by webside, they are cheaper there.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
776 Posts
I didn't know if it was just a typo.

Mine are Autobeam and are spot on, no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I thought the same

·
Registered
203 Posts
Look's like the same bulbs in all shopping websides. Only differences might be in production dates and it could cause different "hint" of them colours.

Good explanation about this was on this video in 2:20:
Headlight Revolution
(Bulbs 6000K could have green or blue hint)

If you @DogDeluxe get them with blue tint I order them again from genuine webside.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
776 Posts
I'm lost here.....

1 minute you're saying you bought them from Autobeam, the next minute you bought them from someone called Auxbeam.

Which is it????

Autobeam is Autobeam whether they're on their own website or on ebay.

I honestly have no idea!

Reactions: balders

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
326 Posts
Yep same as mine..... I had one go rogue..... But swapped for a new set..... 😊

·
Registered
203 Posts
@andspenka I bought them on Ebay, seller called autobeamltd. At the beginning I was sure Aux... and Auto... are the same brand but it was my misreading sorry for confiusing. All the time I talking about Autobeams 😜

PS: Everything because I has Auxbeam F-S2 H7 in corner lights and I accidentaly fused this two brands to one.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,269 Posts
Any LED fitted to a Halogen fitment headlight is an MOT fail regardless of good beam pattern or not.

It as as far back as 2018 but they have just re-worded the inspection manual.

Whether you're MOT tester spots the difference is another matter but they are starting to clamp down on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes that's true, but last year in April I had LED in high beams and as I seen in dash cam video he looking on them closely but finally without any problems. It was on Kwik Fit MOT. That depends of tester. In case of accident insurance company can cause problems too. Anyway I can't use halogen again, this yellowish light make me sick.

101 - 120 of 163 Posts