Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Yes well I put a relay link in to turn my fogs on at the same time as main beams.

·
2,999 Posts
Bambi mode in older Kuga turn fog lights automatically when you turn high beam.
I asked if that is what the "Bambi Mode" does on the US Escape forums and was told it only enables the fog lights so they can be manually switched on. It doesn't turn them on automatically. If that's the case mine came from the factory set up that way.

I would like them to automatically come on with high beam. I'm not sure if a software change could do that?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Thanks, yes that ability would be handy to save adding additional relay. It wasn't hard fitting the relay but its probably not for the faint hearted, but I do see the benefit, there is just that bit more light on the road close up and to the side. They arnt half yellow compared to the Xenon and main beams though. There are some decent H10 LED replacements for the foglight, but I dont facncy the hassle of accessing the light fitting unless I have to.

·
2,999 Posts
If I did more night driving I'd look into it. Having extra light off to the sides of the road is very handy here- it helps spot wildlife that can write off your vehicle!

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have a 6month old kuga 180psi st line awd , read all about bulb change , if i wanto change over the two bulbs and go led what do i buy for a better brighter light and keep it simple , where and cost and what

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK2 2014 Titanium X Sport 4x4 2.0TDCI 180PS Manual Sync1
203 Posts
i have a 6month old kuga 180psi st line awd , read all about bulb change , if i wanto change over the two bulbs and go led what do i buy for a better brighter light and keep it simple , where and cost and what
So you have got D3S bulbs like other Kuga MK2 and I will buy new bulb's with different Kelvin colour. Genuine Ford bulbs are 4300K. This colour make me sick as well, and I will change them to OSRAM CBB 7000K with crisp white/blue light.
Have a look this bulbs on Germany Amazon:
Osram 66340 CBB-HCB D3S

·
Registered
203 Posts
In last week I upgrade headlight D3S to Osram CBB.
I'm still not fully satisfied about power output this headlight.
And my opinion about this bulb is, they are definitely not 7000K.
My high beam H1 LED are 6000K, so 5500K is maximum...

My lens isn't very clean too, but I think it might be burned reflector fault. Or I expected to much from 35W per bulb ;)

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
776 Posts
@MaoVi I have Autobeam 6000k bulbs in mine and they're great, much cheaper than the Osram ones you have mentioned above.

Definitely worth a look. Autobeam

·
Registered
100 Posts
from what i see in the garages and halfords any main beam high bulb is never going to be bright , i had a merc the lights were fantastic ly bright better than the crap ford have stuck on , merc bulbs were 140 quid a peice , im still to change up but out at night im not that confidant with the yellow beam and the lenth they project , when your out on the road with trafic at night coming towards you ,you see all briliant white , white and blue who gives a ! buy the brightest online , i know what im doing , also someone tell me how easy they are to fit please 2019 awd kuga

·
776 Posts
The HID headlights are bi-xenon on the Kuga, meaning they have a flap inside that alters the beam pattern for main beam, the H1 main beam bulb is just for infill. So it's much more important to have a decent headlight bulb when you have HID's.

The non-HID are a different story and many complain that they're a bit crap.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The non-HID are a different story and many complain that they're a bit crap.
[/QUOTE]

An understatement there. Quite a few times I have thought my headlights were off when in dimly lit roads when the switch is always set to auto. A little better on a dark country road but they are not very bright.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I upgraded mine about a year ago with LEDs from ABD, they were recommended by @madskier and have been a great upgrade.
I would upgrade to LED as long as you get the can bus compatible ones.

·
Registered
203 Posts
@MaoVi I have Autobeam 6000k bulbs in mine and they're great, much cheaper than the Osram ones you have mentioned above.

Definitely worth a look. Autobeam
Thanks mate :) Definitely for this money CBB are not worth it I will return them. I have Autobeams H7 LED in corner lights and they are great.

·
776 Posts
I have Autobeams H7 LED in corner lights and they are great.
You have LED Cornering lights and they work? Tell me more, nobody has been able to get LED's working in the cornering lights, I've tried them myself and they just flash on and off.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
203 Posts
The biggest problem was because headlight lid was to close on bulb so I have to cut off fan ;)

The reason why they flashing was they are lower power consumption (impedance) compare to standard H7 and CAN swith them off.
...probably think they are burned or circuit is open.
I fixed this when connect to circuit (50W 8ohm load resistor) £8.99
H7 50W CANBUS LED Load Resistors Wiring Harness for DRL Headlights Foglights

·
776 Posts
Thanks for the info, so they stay illuminated since you added these resistors?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes this problem gone :)
I was afraid about heat what they generate, but after 5 minutes they still could be handled in hand so probably bulbs more overheating than resistors.

Reactions: andspenka

·
776 Posts
Thanks (y)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Reactions: andspenka
81 - 100 of 163 Posts