Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0Tdci 178bhp
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I recently bought a 2.0 Tdci titanium. It has everything except the reversing camera, and I kind of miss it.
I found the item below on eBay with the original camera integrated.
my question is, is it a simple case of installing and reprogramming with Forscan, or is there more to it than that?

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,699 Posts
Hi @JimJnr72, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. How hard it will be isn't easy to say, it's very easy to enable the camera with Forscan but the wiring is a different matter and there doesn't seem to be any consistency to how they are wired.

Mine is a Titanium X and it had the wiring to the multiplug above the headlining at the rear of the car, so it only needed adding from that plug into the tailgate but they're not all like that. You'll need to investigate to see if you have the wiring, In the black multi-plug, you need to have wires in pins 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20. If you don't then it's a lot easier to add an aftermarket camera. If the wires are on the car side of the plug, then you just need the tailgate loom part and the camera of course.

The camera trim and the standard trim for the tailgate is different so you'll need to get one in the right colour, or have it painted.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks andspenka. Yes the boot trim with the camera is off the exact same model, year and colour as mine. Panther black. I wasn’t sure if I would need a separate reversing camera module. I believe they are behind the the radio somewhere. I have every extra on the car except the camera 🤣

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
You need the camera module for Sync 1 but Sync 2 & 3 are controlled directly by the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module), it's the unit on the back of the screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll get in about the trim tomorrow and check. Fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
The multi plug is on the passenger side about 8 inches inside the headlining. It's easier to access if you remove the top side panel trim.

Pin 20 is white, 19 is yellow/violet, 18 is black, 17 is brown/violet, 16 is white/green.

As you look at the plug in the photo, the left hand side is the car wiring, the right side goes to the tailgate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very helpful, thank you. When you say headlining, do you mean the plastic lining of the tailgate?

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
No, the headlining, inside the car, in the boot area.

You need to find out if you have the wiring in the car before you start in the tailgate.

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
2 Posts
Hi all, rather than start a new thread I thought it might be easiest to reply on this as it relates to the same thing.

I've just been checking the plug in my headlining and I think I have the correct wires, just wanted a second opinion?

If I am looking correctly I do except I have white/violet for pin 19 rather than yellow/violet?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Hi @jlawes20389, welcome to the forum.

Yes it certainly looks like you have the wires in place, albeit a different colour. The 2 that are most important are the brown/violet & white/green, they are the feed to the back of the APIM.

The others are pin 20, white is the feed from the BCM for the dynamic lines, pin 19 is power and pin 18 is earth.

If you don't have the wires in the tailgate wiring, they can be added. Just be careful of the grommets, they have a clip at the back end (the end under same direction of how wiring tube feeds) that's quite fragile and easily broken off then you can end up with water getting in.

·
Registered
2019 Ford Kuga ST Line 1.5L Petrol Manual
10 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this thread, i'm trying to wire in my reversing camera. All the wires are present on the "car" side of the 20 pin plug i take it i should be getting 12v for the camera on black and yellow wire when reverse is selected? I have enabled the camera in forscan but still not getting video just says camera unavailable. Any pointer to look for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts