Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of what it takes to form an action group, like members on here to complain to Ford about issues.

Just Wondered

Reactions: Plug6

Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
I would have thought that on this site someone works at Ford Dunton Plant looks at what is going on in the forum. You can not even protest at Ford HQ as it has moved from its Warley office into the Dunton site which is gated. I think the Ford management and workforce are too busy holding onto their jobs or climbing the greasy pole to care about the products.

Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
Hi Phil,

I have never been involved in a group action claim, but would suggest that the first stage is simply the gathering of evidence from owners, experts and other interested parties of a manufacturing fault that the company has/has not taken ownership.

If they haven鈥檛 accepted liability, the next step would be to make a formal complaint and hopefully they would agree and resolve the issue, if not make consumer protection professionals aware (TV shows, Council Trading Standards etc) and consider small claims court action (If appropriate)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don鈥檛 have any issues (touch wood mk2.5)

I just wondered as many of the mk3 have and as a forum it would carry any clout as we app have 23k members. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Mr. Happy. 鈥淪weet Cheeks鈥
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
I think as a "Group" we would be heard, And as we are driving (Well some of you are) The FLAGSHIP Kuga car of FORD's that there would be someone willing to listen.
Depending on the issues that they would be faced with is another kettle of fish, minor issues may be dealt with and brushed under the carpet but the bigger problems they may make it harder to resolve.

Registered
The Issues I鈥檝e had have all been taken care of under FMC warranty, eventually. If any group action against faulty Ford products is need, it鈥檚 to sort that dreadful auto box fitted to earlier Ford models, which I think a class action in the US was successfully achieved.

Our expert Keithmac would be an example of a person who would be able provide valuable evidence of goods that I鈥檓 sure many owners feel is not fit for purpose or merchantable quality.

Reactions: NigelB and Dibble

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Someone with legal experience to take it on board would be a help. Watchdog have done similar in the past with other brands where there has been a generic fault like fluid leaks causing fires etc. It needs nipping in the bud when the cars are new in order for it to stop people having to spend 拢1,000's of their own cash because Ford didn't either design or research it properly like the early powershift issues.

Registered
Someone with legal experience to take it on board would be a help. Watchdog have done similar in the past with other brands where there has been a generic fault like fluid leaks causing fires etc. It needs nipping in the bud when the cars are new in order for it to stop people having to spend 拢1,000's of their own cash because Ford didn't either design or research it properly like the early powershift issues.
The problem, as I see it, with the power shift is that FMC don鈥檛 admit they have a problem, because publicly they say the gearbox is fit for purpose. Hence they don鈥檛 have a problem, ergo they cannot be blamed for not fixing it. If they admit there鈥檚 a problem, then they have to offer a solution, compensation, replacement, buy back etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts