Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a 11 month old Kuga ST line X and love it, but recently when slowing down find the car still pulling this has happened several time to myself and the wife.
Last week it drove itself for more than a mile at a steady 33 mph I had to brake to pass a cyclist and when I took my foot off the brake it went up to 44 mph without any help from me! No limiter or cruise control are activated.
The car is in the ford dealership now I’m picking it up later as they can’t diagnose a fault and it didn’t happen to them when test driving.
Any one had this happen to them ,or advise welcome on how to handle this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
In 5th gear on mine the car will drive along nicely on its own at 32mph without my foot on the gas. 27mph in 4th. Tried it tonight. It's due to the anti stall. It can be annoying at times going round corners in the wrong gear.

Sounds to me like your anti stall is set at the wrong speed if it will travel at 44mph on its own unless of course you were in 6th which is too low a speed for the gear.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'd also check the footwell mat isn't getting caught .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In 5th gear on mine the car will drive along nicely on its own at 32mph without my foot on the gas. 27mph in 4th. Tried it tonight. It's due to the anti stall. It can be annoying at times going round corners in the wrong gear.

Sounds to me like your anti stall is set at the wrong speed if it will travel at 44mph on its own unless of course you were in 6th which is too low a speed for the gear.
Thanks

Thanks for that I’ve just tried it and it does the same as yours , the car has been in the garage to be looked at for a couple of days nothing was mentioned to me about anti stall.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No worries. It took me a little while to get used to the anti stall on mine at first as I am quite gentle with a car when setting off and there seemed to be a bit of a pause when changing from first to second, like the car was hesitant. I let my wife drive it and it was fine. Just me lol.

Despite the anti stall I have managed to stall my car a couple of times. How it works is as you let the clutch up slightly it increases the engine revs so will crawl along in first in traffic without your foot being in the gas, similar to the creeping forward of an automatic. It still does it in the other gears as well and I have found it annoying when going around corners in third when I should be in second and the car takes over and you end up going a bit too fast. What ford should have done is programmed the anti stall better and to cut out at say 10mph.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for that I’ve just tried it and it does the same as yours , the car has been in the garage to be looked at for a couple of days nothing was mentioned to me about anti stall.
Thanks for your help.
That's why I asked the question about speeds yesterday. Anti-stall is very useful. I take advantage of it on a hill which has heavy traffic, you can just let the clutch out carefully in 1st and crawl up the hill easily

1 - 8 of 8 Posts