Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Kuga went into the garage this morning to get several things sorted on it, and I took the opportunity to mention what I think is a problem.

Approximately 1 minute after starting the car and driving off a noise occurs (of about 1 sec), along with a feeling under your foot on the accelerator.

The garage told me this morning that it's the ABS/traction control activating/doing a self check, and that it's completely normal.

However I don't remember it being there from new (3rd Sept) - I've only noticed it in the past week.

Does everyone elses car do this, or is there something wrong with mine?

It could be that I didn't notice it from new because I had the radio on and therefore couldn't hear the noise, or couldn't feel it under my foot because of whatever footwear I had on.

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi TwiggyB123
It's normal, yes it is the ABS doing a self check. You'll find it triggers a test at 15 mph when you first moveoff after starting the engine.

Churchill

·
Registered
233 Posts
To be honest championkuga had mine five months and was getting concerned as I have never felt any ABS test like your other half either.?
SB

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
To be honest I haven't noticed it somuch myself lately so maybe it has stopped or I am getting used to it? Perhaps it is a new car thing?

·
Registered
287 Posts
had mine for about 5 months. not a thing and not heard of this before> will ask other Kuga owners etc see if anything comes to light. only time i ever felt a vibration and a slight noise on brake pedal was when doing an emergency stop in a van!
somehow thsi does not seem quite right but I am probably wrong. If not will post an updateif iuncover any info.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Had mine 14 months and never felt it

·
Registered
702 Posts
Same here, was not aware of it and have never felt it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm i find it worrying that some folk are and some folk are not feeling this because its quite an obvious thing and as stated in earlier posts happens at 15mph after initial set off. hmmm weird.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Never felt or noticed anything..........

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just found this thread, mine does the exact same,
Was starting to worry there was a issue with my car
Interesting how some kugas do and some don't make this clonking noise
In my opinion, it shouldn't do it at all

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine has always done it since the day i got it, i would be concerned if it stopped doing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine (a 62 plate zetec awd) has always done this and it is very noticable. I wish it didnt to be honest. I just dont understand when it does it. No other car I've had in including our 2010 tit fiesta have done this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts