Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,556 Posts
ABS sensor, more than likely rear. A diagnostic report will confirm. Part needs to be EXACTLY the same number as is in the car or you will be stuck with the problem for eternity and beyond.

·
Registered
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X sport 2014
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok mate how and where do i find the number and which side etc ?
we have had a low rumbling sound that gets louder with seed for a little wheel would it be a bearing too ?

·
Super Moderator
3,584 Posts
ok mate how and where do i find the number and which side etc ?
we have had a low rumbling sound that gets louder with seed for a little wheel would it be a bearing too ?
Could easily be a bearing as well. It could be either side for the sensor and the number is stamped on it full stop has has been said the replacement must have an identical number.

·
Super Moderator
3,584 Posts
Get it up on a jack, and check for any grumbling when you manually rotate the wheel or end play / free play when you wobble it. Link you posted shows unbranded components. Never happy about these. I would either go for OEM or branded, well-known, name. As to the ABS sensor. Any garage will read the codes to determine if they are at fault for around 30 or 40 pounds.

·
10,556 Posts
so is it off to garage to be plugged in and charged fortune or is this something i can fix at home
Depends really on how good you are with both car mechanics and software. I am not a mechanic but can easily do things like brakes etc. The ABS sensor is not too difficult to remove but first it depends on if you wanted to buy something that plugs into your car and laptop and then read what the dealers can read. It will cost you £25 for the adapter for the car. The software is free.

Has you car got self park.

·
10,556 Posts
No you want one of these, pay the extra for the FTDi chip.

Modified ELM327 USB (fwscart.com)

Forscan from here.

Download FORScan

If it's self park and it's the rear one the part number is AV6T-2B372-EB

If it is these @keithmac has or did have a pair for sale. I would still check the part number of the old one first.

Mk2 2013 wheel speed sensors.. | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

What year is your car although I don't believe they changed the sensors all the way through the mk2.

Reactions: NigelB

·
10,556 Posts
[/QUOTE]
The clue was in the title. It catches all of us out at some point unless you haven't read any of the posts as the forum will always default to the newest post and not the first one.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,415 Posts
AWD Overheat is probably same thing, it's calculated (not an actual temperature).

I have two rear sensors brand new, if you post a number up off your original sensor you can have 2 for 1!.

The rumble could be bearings in the Wheel or Diff.

As a rule of thumb if ABS Sensors are a different colour from original it's wrong one straight off (obviously part numbers are king).

·
Registered
5 Posts
No you want one of these, pay the extra for the FTDi chip.

Modified ELM327 USB (fwscart.com)

Forscan from here.

Download FORScan

If it's self park and it's the rear one the part number is AV6T-2B372-EB

If it is these @keithmac has or did have a pair for sale. I would still check the part number of the old one first.

Mk2 2013 wheel speed sensors.. | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

What year is your car although I don't believe they changed the sensors all the way through the mk2.
Do these scanners bring abs faults up and tell you which sensor it is? I have an Angel scanner that won't bring any codes up. Don't want to waste money. Thanks

·
10,556 Posts
Do these scanners bring abs faults up and tell you which sensor it is? I have an Angel scanner that won't bring any codes up. Don't want to waste money. Thanks
The OBD readers I recommend give you dealer level diagnostics when you use with forscan software. I used to recommend the Vgate Vlinker but they are out of stock on Amazon. I have the OBDLink EX which is about the best you can get in a wired reader for Ford and recommended by the forscan team.

Just a note to the above. You cannot do key programming after a certain year with Forscan, which needs to be done by the dealer or a registered auto locksmith

1 - 20 of 27 Posts