Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for anyonesinformation. I mentioned previously problems with starting car. First time it happened dealer said it needed a software update.

So a couple of weeks later all packed ready to go to france - battery dead. AA (ford assisstance) came very fast and jump started it but couldnt see what problem was, drove down to france for a couple of weeks. Morning coming back (last friday) wouldnt start , neighbour jump started it and fine all the way back. Nexy day (after drive of about 800+ miles, dead as a doornail and again this morning managed to start, dropped in at shop on way to work would not start when i tried to leave - again AA out quick and jumped it. Fingers crossed i can get home later.

Obviously it is booked into dealership but just thought i would mention it incase anyone had ideas or eventually same problem.

mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Something (ie the alternator) sounds like it's not charging or the battery is dud and not taking the charge. How old is it. Under six months and the dealer NOT Ford is obliged to replace (look up sale of goods act on google). For items less than six months old the act classes the items as defective when sold. After six months you have to prove it's the case. Ford Warrenty should also cover you in any case so I would get it back to the dealer and demand it's fixed!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , did it again today and i am collecting the aa reports so garage cant say there isnt a problem. Makes me wish i had bought from local dealer so i can moan at them. Will give them the benefit of the doubt till i find out wether they can find the problem , fix it, give me a courtesy car if needed. we will see on thursday though i will laugh if they cant start it when they come to pick it up.
mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just out of interest dealership says computer told them to replace the battery, though i only know that because i rang up while they were doing it. I have asked for a copy of what they have done because i am not convinced they actually know what caused the problem and i want a record in case of future problems- was it a dodgy battery or has something made the battery dodgy while driving? On the other hand so far so good havnt had to jump start it yet . .. but in 6 months will this battery go the same way - we will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have the Sony Dab radio fitted? A friend of mine had the same problem on his Mondeo and it turned out that there is a batch of Sony radios that cause this problem of draining the battery. Might be worth mentioning it to your dealer for them to check this with Ford.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts