Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to this forum, the AA have been out twice to our 1.5 diesel kuga 18 plate. To fix the non starting. They diagnosed battery, after 2 days battery flat again, second AA visit and they said the car wasn't reset. Did this by putting the terminals together ?? Anyway car is still not starting. Just clicking. Had a look under bonnet and these wires seem to have been ripped out. Any ideas where they go? I presume they go in the box next to it but not sure what order and what these are for?
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Super Moderator
Do you think they maybe from the three pinned socket down to the left at the side of the battery box?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes like I said in my post I presume they are from the box next to it but not sure what these wires are for. Just trying to get it sorted as the AA have made a simple issue 100 times worse. We are on holiday at the moment in Wales and have 2 very unhappy kids

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e no idea what they do but I鈥檓 surprised you haven鈥檛 called them back as I鈥檓 guessing they are responsible.

Maybe someone with more electrical knowledge or a schematic can assist.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calling them back tomorrow.. not sure I have any faith in them now as they seem to have made it worse. The car after the second guy came developed traction control warning lights and runs like a dog. Severe power loss. Just trying to gain some insight into what mess they have made to a car that is only a few years old.. Halfords would have done a better job.

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e found this buried in the vault鈥檚 of the site. Lol

Enter your vehicle details and work through it. If the page looks blank, scroll down to see the lists etc.

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
When changing the battery you need to unplug the gray plug because you can not get the front panel off the battery cover. The wires do go to that plug and it will be causing your issues that's for sure but i will check my car in the morning to see where they go. I changed my battery last week and if that plug is not undone the wires will pull out when using force to get the front cover off so the battery can be pulled out. Its definitely a bad job done by the recovery company and they need to repair it correctly because its part of the wiring loom.

Reactions: Psshaw

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
Had i quick look at my car and i can not see where the wires go and its chucking it down so i don't want to pull it apart to look. As a temp fix i would do the same to the other side of the plug and joint the wires that way and it will get the car sorted until the recovery guys fix there mess.

Sorry i couldn't be more help but the temp fix will work for now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, thank you. So had a decent AA technician down to look at the car. He managed to rewire the dpf sensor with the help of an old thread on here as to which order they fit. He also diagnosed the starting issue as the alternator. He got it started by whacking the motor while I turned it over. Its currently in a local garage down here. So the battery was an unnecessary expense.

Registered
Yes like I said in my post I presume they are from the box next to it but not sure what these wires are for. Just trying to get it sorted as the AA have made a simple issue 100 times worse. We are on holiday at the moment in Wales and have 2 very unhappy kids
Makes you think what AA stands for: Another Ar**

Super Moderator
Hi, thank you. So had a decent AA technician down to look at the car. He managed to rewire the dpf sensor with the help of an old thread on here as to which order they fit. He also diagnosed the starting issue as the alternator. He got it started by whacking the motor while I turned it over. Its currently in a local garage down here. So the battery was an unnecessary expense.
Would be interesting to see how the AA handle a counter claim for a refund of the misdiagnosed battery?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts