Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a post today from a fellowKOC member "mikebusa"about a Kuga two seater commercial he has been having problems with (locks) and thought . .not heard of a two seater Kugaand decided to investigate, turns out that Ford have / are launching a two seater Kuga commercial van check out www.advertiser.ie/galway for more details don't want to sound snobby but if true it reduces the Kuga's prestige a little to have a van variant. My question would Honda produce a CRV van or VW a Tiguan van or Range Rover a Freelander vanperhaps. . .. I really don't think so. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
is this for the ireland market? would suit the farmers market and rough roads in the west. Last time I was in Eire, VW Jetta's were very popular, hardly saw a golf on the road.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello markm, cheers for thatI bow to your superior commercial van knowledge, butseriously I had absolutely no idea there was a Kuga van or indeed as you have kindly pointed out a Freelander van, markm go on, gofor the treble, your gonna seek out a CRV and Tiguan van now I just know it. Lol. Thanks. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can get tiguan vans for new zealand market, try googling

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Zealand? 20 million sheep. . .and no baconsurely that cannot be right?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not unusual, Ireland has always had vans which mainland UK only recieve as cars, insurance is one of the main contributing factorsI believe........

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanksundertaker At 27.800 Euros it's certainly notcheap. Imagine how hacked off say Wayne Rooney would be if Bentley introduced a van variant of the Continental well that is kinda how I feel just now, the Kuga (when it arrives Friday) is my Bentley Continental I'm on my own here, I can tell?? Lol.Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi mikebusa here, in ireland at the moment you can get a freelander, landrover sport, and crv all in commerical spec with anly 2 seats

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mikebusa hey thanks for that, no I really mean itThanks . . . . I had a little bet going here with somemates and I think the word to describe my present positon is well and truly "stuffed" but hang about everything is riding on some clever clogs not posting apiccy of a 2 seater Commercial Bentley Continental loaded(as with Landrover no rear windows) with boxes floor to roof in rear.Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ain't it sad that we are bemoaning 4 wheel drive vehicles that can be used for commercial purposes. wasn't that what the original intentions way back in the dawn of time? subaru made a good business from it. look at land rover and farmers.

strange how things turn ontheir heads?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pilotlight sorry about the rant, even before I have taken delivery (Friday)Ford have already released a van variant of the Kuga (albeit Ireland)which I knew nothing about. Ford like most have also avoided the use of words to describe the Kuga like a 4x4 or SUV they like other manufacturers have adopted the less offensive to the Green's word and call it a "Crossover Vehicle" Wonder how many KOC members would of purchased a Kuga if they knew that Ford were/have alreadyintroduced a Kuga Van?

·
Registered
10 Posts
the main reason for the commerical being poplauris under the old motor tax system which ended last year it cost around 1100euro to tax a5 seater landrover disco 2.7 and 288 to tax it commericaly and under the new emmision based system, hope you are sitting down for this, it cost nearly 2000euro to tax 5 seater x5 , range rover, discovery ect ect, but still 288 for the van verison. typical ireland screwed on price of vehical and tax

·
Registered
58 Posts
was not getting at you bobuptown at ranting, but it's strange how car companies are marketing 4x4's now, and how we(public) perceive them.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Pilotlight absolutely no worries, this is thegreat thingabout this site We All have an opinion the fact that are opinions sometimes differ slightly is well . . healthy but the one thing We All have in common is We drive the same vehicle and trawling through the pages of this excellent site member owners educate us All on the idiosycrasies the foibles if you like of the Ford Kuga which I happen to think is an absolutely fantastic concept, I suspect somemotor manufacturerswould give there right arm topossess the type of knowledge useful and informative information contained on many of the pages of this site. Knowledge is power, I thank you. Respect. Bob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
car manufacturers have learnt alot from car clubs and enthusiasts. I remember in the dim and distant past many mini enthusiasts modified their cars and many of the mods turned up on the mini metro when it came out.

Ah! I here the purr of a kuga approaching, better get dishes going.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Not sure if this has been mention before but whilst trawling through the pages on the interweb, I came across this rather snazzy pickup.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i cant look,you forgot to tell us to wear sunglasses before looking,what have they done to the poor kuga it looks like it has had plastic surgery gone wrong

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stupot . . . . get outa here. Someone had to spoil it and go one better from a Kuga van toa Kuga Pickup. Hey thanks Stupot. Anyone got any piccies of a 40 footer with a Kuga front? No I'm not throwing down the gauntlet on this one I may be daft but I ain't stupid. Respect. Bob.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts