Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Kugaphobes out there who are up to speed with Ford's decision to increasethe Kuga's diesel fuel tank capacity? seem to recall thateither a bigger tankhas already been fitted into current Kuga's (June onwards?)or the bigger tank was to be built in when modifications such as replacing the current coloured Zetec interior trimsand updated option packs are introduced.Finally is there a site where you can enter your Ford VIN numberwhich can confirm or provide individual build details? Bob.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Bob,

Don't know about the latter but I put 63 ltrs into mine the other day, with the computer saying zero miles left in the tank, so I'm assuming it has the larger capacity (66 ltr) tank. Mine was ordered first week in April and I picked her up middle of July.

I would add. When I looked under the K last week, I noticed the tank did stick out below the rest of the floorpan, not sure if this is normal or if it's a consequence of the bigger tank.

Hope that helps.

TK

·
Registered
374 Posts
It was March 09 that they increased the capacity in tank... Mine just got built in time, well after time. Late enough in March/April to benefit from BIGA tank..........

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks to TK,the undertaker, and Stupot for your swift responses. Thought: HaveFordincreased the size of the tank to take into account spillage of fuel emptied on garage forecourtswhen? lol. Bob.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry .... when? "filling " Just had a bacon sandwich.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HiStupotRe: Ford VINLinkprovided. Permission to access page denied. You do not have the required permission? Bob.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Far too deep for me the undertaker. Sozlapse of concentration whilst posting Imissed the word when? "filling" out.The reference to eating a bacon butty, a meat eaterMoooois oftenassociated with a momentary lack of concentration. True or just another pig tail? Flu right over my swede that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts