Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good forum ruined by these invading arseholes and what do the moderators do,.....SWEET FA, ......never had this problem before the site “ so called upgrade”

·
Registered
510 Posts
A good forum ruined by these invading arseholes and what do the moderators who do,.....SWEET FA

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done that and it doesn’t always work, more importantly how many times are people told DONT OPEN SUSPICIOUS LINKS, that’s how problems are created on devices .........it shouldn’t be happening....end of

·
Registered
385 Posts
You don't have to open anything, you can just click on the username and do the ignore bit... But if you can't be bothered, it's your loss. I'm only trying to be helpful

·
Registered
400 Posts
The thing is this…………………...Admin and Moderators,They DONT come on here at ANY time so what's the point of having them?
I have posted up that there are a few regular members on here that are very willing to become moderators to keep an eye on the site..……………………...NOT A FOOKING PEEP OUT OF THE ADMIN AT ALL.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The old site didn't have the same issues, it seems to become a scourge of the new format.

So what has changed with the spam filters?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I must admit it is wearing quite thin now and puts me off visiting.

Just about a full first page of spam when I've clicked "New" posts..
Same for me yesterday but if you noticed they were nearly all from the same dikk. Ignoring that user by clicking on his name, then ignore, removes all of the posts if you press New instead of the back button.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I got a pop up when I logged in this morning saying “we’ve upgraded - inc better spam prevention “ .... we’ll see 🙄

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well I got a pop up when I logged in this morning saying “we’ve upgraded - inc better spam prevention “ .... we’ll see 🙄

The spam upgrade only invokes a better Captcha system to avoid 'bots'. It does absolutely nothing to prevent 'manual' spammers nor does it excuse the total absence of responses from admin to spam reports,

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I must be doing something wrong as when I click on ignore, they are still there when I log back in and if I click on again it pops up "unignore"......total waste of time

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well I must be doing something wrong as when I click on ignore, they are still there when I log back in and if I click on again it pops up "unignore"......total waste of time
You have to "refresh" the forum list, so yesterday when we had about 6(?) items (I always use the new button as my starting point and see the list of posts). I go to one and set the "ignore", then hit the New button again... Et voila! They all go...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Begs the obvious question, if it is so **** easy to hide the spam why is admin not doing it.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Begs the obvious question, if it is so **** easy to hide the spam why is admin not doing it.
I reckon it’s because it’s not spam as we know it, whoever it is is enrolling as a member of the forum and there are no security checks for enrolment verification🤬

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh dear, you post something and then at the top of the list for Recommended Reading is - SPAM.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I reckon it’s because it’s not spam as we know it, whoever it is is enrolling as a member of the forum and there are no security checks for enrolment verification🤬
Absolutely! Mods within the forum as suggested previously would allow account application review before accepting... I for one would be happy to volunteer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts