Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a couple of minor niggles that are manifesting themselves and wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

1 - When it rains, it seems that the two front parking sensors activate regardless of proximity of any other things or vehicles. Not sure if this is water leaking in, or droplets affecting the sensor operation. It appears to occur most often on the front two sensors (if the on screen display is any indication) but has occasionally happened on rear ones.

2 - The Sync 3 screen - it is quite sensitive to switching between day and night mode as dusk or other moments of low light, i.e. multi-storey/underground car parks. So I find it regularly flickering and then switching to "dark" mode, then back again. Is there any way to adjust this sensitivity?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think the parking sensors do that on most car now and then, mine has done it a few times.
You can adjust the screen in settings, scroll across to display settings and you can have it auto, which will adjust acording to the ambient light, or permanet day or permanet night, there is also an `off` setting, not sure what that does.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
The off setting does just that, it turns the screen off!

You can turn it on again by simply touching the 'display' button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the parking sensors do that on most car now and then, mine has done it a few times.
You can adjust the screen in settings, scroll across to display settings and you can have it auto, which will adjust acording to the ambient light, or permanet day or permanet night, there is also an `off` setting, not sure what that does.

Hi, thanks - I'll have a look at those settings.

Didn't have any issues like that on my previous car, a Skoda, but that only had rear sensors. I was just concerned that with it happening in the wet, water was getting in somewhere!

·
Registered
90 Posts
As previous poster points out there is an Off setting to switch off the screen completely.

Note there is also an Off setting to switch off the auto dimming of the screen - which automatically changes the screens brightness according to the ambient light inside the vehicle. I like to leave auto dimming 'on' and i find it quite useful & accurate.

However these are separate to the Auto/Day/Night switching modes. It is the Day/Night switching feature which i too have noticed is quite sensitive and the screen sometimes switches to Night mode in the daytime in dull areas or dull days, such as driving through a forest etc. In normal areas, i have found it to be an early warning of dusk approaching. So i have grown accustomed to its sensitivity and i quite like it now because it also serves as a reminder for me to check/think about whether i should be driving with DRL's or full headlamps on etc. (i personally do-not like/use the auto headlamps feature).

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,174 Posts
Yes my parking sensors are the same, predominantly the front ones if it’s been raining heavy, been checked by dealer, can’t find anything wrong
Sync 3: I have screen on permanent daylight setting with display level at minimum, just right for daytime and not too bright at night, as I get fed up with the constant changing on auto, tried night time setting permanent but don’t like it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a look at the settings and get that they are "either or" options. I'll stick with it how it is, I don't think I'd like night mode all the time and wouldn't want day time mode at night! Just need to get used to it, especially now summer is drawing to a close!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The auto dimming of the dash works well I think, where its not auto dimming and the dashboard is backlit, in daylight mist or fog and you switch lights on and the dash is in night mode, its not very visible. Not sure if my 2013 Kuga Titanium X had this, but previous Mondeo didnt and you had to turn up the dashboard illumination in mist or fog which I often thought it would be nice to be auto. Did think about fitting something on the brightenes pot for dash illumination to vary brightness against ambient light.

I too have got used to the sensitivity of the screen, though its step change appears a bit course, (Ronnie, on Sync 2 anyway) but I do get comments when I have another driver as a front seat passenger who may notice and comment 'does the screen change with light level', as though its not as common we may expect.

Never noticed any random operation of parking sensors in rain? Is it something to do with the new shaped front?

·
Registered
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 TDCI manual
1,790 Posts
Never had a problem with front parking sensors in the rain,raining today and no problem.2017 model .I keep my sync 3 turned to night mode.

Ross

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,174 Posts
Parking sensor random activation on front is very sparodic when it does happen, and always when it’s wet, thought it was 1 sensor but started taking notice of dash display and it can be any 1 of the front ones, never the back ones
Funnily it doesn’t happen on normal driving, cruising etc, always at slow speed when cornering or at junctions...weird

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Parking sensor random activation on front is very sparodic when it does happen, and always when it’s wet, thought it was 1 sensor but started taking notice of dash display and it can be any 1 of the front ones, never the back ones
Funnily it doesn’t happen on normal driving, cruising etc, always at slow speed when cornering or at junctions...weird

Yes, exactly the same situation with me. It appears to be the two front sensors, it only happens when it is raining and it only happens when I am braking/stopping. it usually happens when there is something in front, e.g. I am slowing towards a queue of traffic, but it triggers much further out that usual - hence I wondered if the rain distorted the sensor somehow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My front sensors kick off too, in the rain. It’s annoying...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts