Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I gave mine a touch up when I replaced my discs recently. I couldn't decide on a colour so thought I would make it the same as the car........black lol. Well I already had the paint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You have made a good job. I had been toying with wrapping the front and back plates should be fairly easy as they are quit flat. What paint did you use on the roof bar's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You have made a good job. I had been toying with wrapping the front and back plates should be fairly easy as they are quit flat. What paint did you use on the roof bar's.
i only used some satin black paint from halfords with a laquer . I took them off (which is very difficult and took some you tube research) rubbed them all down and wiped with alcohol . Painted and replaced very carefully so i didnt get leaks . I know people on here have covered over and done them in situ so as not to run the risk of leaks .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank's for all the info it doe's look good. The front of mine was peppard with stone chips when i got it and a small scrape on the bag so it got to go to body shop to get that sorted so i will ask them how much to paint it all while they have it.Not sure if i would tackle taking roof bars off heard horror stories about clips breaking. But thank's very much for all your info and car doe's look good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank's for all the info it doe's look good. The front of mine was peppard with stone chips when i got it and a small scrape on the bag so it got to go to body shop to get that sorted so i will ask them how much to paint it all while they have it.Not sure if i would tackle taking roof bars off heard horror stories about clips breaking. But thank's very much for all your info and car doe's look good.
Your very welcome and I’m only a DIYer . I’m quite practical and love having a go . Thanks for saying it looks good because I think what I’ve done has improved it but it’s always nice to here someone else likes what you’ve done .
Try and enjoy doing bits but if it’s stressful then getting a pro to do it sounds good to me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI NEW saw this post last week and bought the paint before the car. I Just bought STX AWD on 17/6 and did the callipers yesterday makes a big difference.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts