Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a new car arriving at the dealer next week
they are pushing for a February delivery and a 69 registration I would like to wait for a March 1st registration and a 20 reg
My question is if I keep the car for 5 years or more would it make that much difference to its value? (the dealers say not)
I bought a cheap private plate for £250 so while I own it know one would know

·
Registered
161 Posts
Think I would wait for the March registration if it were me. Down the line it may not make much difference in value but may sell easier, if I were buying I would sooner have a later plate number, but that’s just me. The dealer probably wants to add to the Feb sales target as they don’t need to work so hard for March target.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Les
I think your right
but they also said it was a tight deal for them as they matched a car wow price
not that I feel sorry for the dealer but I want a good working relationship with them
The good news is the price of my Kuga has gone up so I might be able to get more than the PX price

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I'd wait Geoff, some prospective buyers perception will choose the 20 especially as your likely to be doing low mileage from what you've said..

Tight deal my .. they get them at the same price whatever the year unless the manufacturers does promotions, and they told you there was no promotions.

The thoughts of being sorry for a car dealer. .................................................................................... Sorry just got back up of the floor.

·
Registered
766 Posts
A 20 plate will always be worth more second hand when compared to the same car, mileage, condition etc of a 69 plate. However some "69" plates could look quite appealing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts