Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well im i am force to pay i will have to look at the cheapest option with a ford approved dealer

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
69 Posts
Hi daxx, sorry to hear your bad luck.
can I ask you this question, did the dealer charge for for diagnosing the fault on the gear box, I only ask as my warranty is coming to an end very soon, Ford have written to me offering another years warranty. When I spoke to my local dealer regarding the process of an extended warranty claim. I was told I have to pay for diagnosing a problem and the warranty will only cover the exact repair? So in your case I would have to pay for the removal and stripping of the gearbox to find the fault the warranty pays to repair and re fit. So I would still have a sizeable bill? Was this the case with you.
thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi daxx, sorry to hear your bad luck.
can I ask you this question, did the dealer charge for for diagnosing the fault on the gear box, I only ask as my warranty is coming to an end very soon, Ford have written to me offering another years warranty. When I spoke to my local dealer regarding the process of an extended warranty claim. I was told I have to pay for diagnosing a problem and the warranty will only cover the exact repair? So in your case I would have to pay for the removal and stripping of the gearbox to find the fault the warranty pays to repair and re fit. So I would still have a sizeable bill? Was this the case with you.
thanks and good luck.

Hi so in my case the fault with gearbox was a faulty 3rd gear syncro to which they decided to change everything inside the gearbox, it was all done under the extended warrenty at no cost to us and thats with trust ford main dealer. just seams we have had 1 problem after another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
so update on gearbox the main manger call me this morning to say he cant find any info on 1 of the service team saying the clutch needed repoair, so he said leave it with him and he will get it sorted along with the new seal thats causing desil fumes issue, i said will it be under warrenty, he said leave it with me and i will get it all sorted, i did say i dont want to pay, he said look im not happy with the amount of time you have spent he with repairs, he said i will get it all fixed dont worry, so im wondering if they are all of a sudden going to find a fault that will get it replaced under warrenty.

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
69 Posts
The way they have carried out the warranty work sounds more helpful than my local independent Ford dealer. I brought my Kuga from trust Ford, not the best experience I’ve ever had! Trust Ford are actually owned by Ford uk, not that that means anything. Sometimes these companies get to large and forget customer service. It looks like you have a decent service manager and he is now trying to help you. Fingers crossed.
check your car insurance if you have legal cover and if it would help with this if it becomes a problem. Also if you have any finance the finance company my help. Hopefully you won’t have to get into that and the dealer sorts this out.

i am not sure weather to extend my warranty?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The way they have carried out the warranty work sounds more helpful than my local independent Ford dealer. I brought my Kuga from trust Ford, not the best experience I’ve ever had! Trust Ford are actually owned by Ford uk, not that that means anything. Sometimes these companies get to large and forget customer service. It looks like you have a decent service manager and he is now trying to help you. Fingers crossed.
check your car insurance if you have legal cover and if it would help with this if it becomes a problem. Also if you have any finance the finance company my help. Hopefully you won’t have to get into that and the dealer sorts this out.

i am not sure weather to extend my warranty?

so far if they fix this under warrenty the repiars would have cost £5000 approx and the 2 years extended warrenty was around £695 so its more then paid for itself.

would i buy a ford again never after this bad experiance,i would not even recomend them, the customer service its bad its like most of them dont know there ass from there head, im glad this manager got involved, in 3.5 years of owning the kuga we should not have all these problems. our last finance payment is jan 2021 its finaced with fords.

well from the postive phone call he agreed that the car has had too many issues, so i do get the feeling they will find a way to repair at no cost to us, but we will see when he calls next week on tue or wed.

they will try and find a way to not repir under warrenty if they can, all i can say is stick your feet in and fight your corner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
also it seams that in some or maybe all fluid needs changing in gearbox every 3 years or 30.000 whatever comes first, i bet a lot are not doing it

·
Registered
2016 titanium x sport 180 awd manual
42 Posts
One of my old pick up trucks was a Isuzu d Max 2.5 derv twin turbo done lots of towing with it (what I do for my business) and would eat a clutch every 25-30k.....i was on first name terms with my Isuzu garage by then 😂.

So as other peeps have said all depends how a car is driven in my experience...

My wife use to have a vectra sri and that went through 2 clutches and a gear box in the space of 20k.

Hope you get this sorted.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts