Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just to give you an insight out for kuga went in for service around 5 weeks ago and there was an issue with selecting 3rd gear, now they investigate and replaced thw whole insides of the gearbox under warrenty, now we have never smelt anything from the engin at all and the clutch seam to be good witth no issues we noticed while driving, on drivng the kuga home after the gearbox issue they had to remove the cluch too, my partner could smell a horrible smell from the engin, she put it down to new beaks wearing in, a couple of days later while driving i noticed once you hit 3000 rpm the rev counter went mad right up and it was like a lose of power i stop and got other half to drive and see if there was same issue and there was, we call aa out and he lifted the bonet and said slipping clutch right away, so the car has been in the trust ford repair center 7 days and we got a call to collect the car, so now there is an issue btw cat and exhust where a seal has gone, and they are saying the clutch is not coverd under warrenty and we have to pay, these issue only arose from when the gearbox was taken out, it had its mot done and found no issues.

66 REG KUGK
29189 ON CLOCK
MANUEL AWD 2.0L TITANIUM X SPORT

this is the 2nd time in 3 years that we own the car there was a clutch issue, the 1st repair was for a replacent behind the clutch pedal, the motor for panaramic roof has had to be replaced, there is an issue with cruise control where it keeps not working intamitian fault, they just replace part on stearing wheel, the whole gearbox insides had to be replaced, now the clutch issue

its like 1 issue after anouther

should all these issue be on a 4 year old car

the customer service is real bad

oh yeah there was 1 time too they try to claim the bushes needed to be replaced as they were cracked, got an independent check and they are fine, fords wanted to charge us £450 to fix, on the next mot nothing found wrong

what advice would you give me

·
Registered
129 Posts
Surprised you got the gearbox etc. done under warranty on a 4 year old car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
In that case yes my extended warranty covers the gearbox.
Think you in difficult position, hope others can help with what to do.
I got mine from the same company and they were not happy to do things for no charge to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah they dont like doing things under warrenty, there customer service is awfal too, a manager now wants to investigate

·
Registered
736 Posts
Consumer rights...............................Thats what I would be looking at.
If the car was ok with clutch before they disturbed it, then I would say it was down to them to repair it.
Unfortunately these dealers have got us all bye the short and curlies most times and they know it , But I would deffoe go down the route of looking into who is responsible for the clutch problem AFTER they had removed it to get to the gear box.
Good luck and keep us posted matey.

Reactions: David38

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe when Fords replace a clutch under warranty they only replace faulty parts and not complete clutch so when you had first repair it may have not had a complete replacement, so therefore you could still have original clutch plate.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I new someone who only done 5k and the clutch failed on a new mondeo and fords would not replace, he paid £1200. I have just had a clutch replaced on my wifes Focus with 25k. a lot depend on how its driven.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its strange how the clutch was not slipping at all before they took the gear box out and after they did the work when our problems started, i got no indications while driving of a clutch issue until its return, is it possible to miss align it, its just so manny iussues with this car since we buy it used from fords, will never buy a fords again or recoment that dealership

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im not a car mechanic but I ,do not think they would remove clutch when fixing gearbox. It may be possible that when new gearbox inners were assembled they would not have a test bed to put a load on the repair, unlike a production gearbox, and that might have have put extra load on clutch if not assembled properly. I must add that Im suprised they fixed a gearbox as main dealers tend to remove and replace.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the syncro for 3rd gear was broken or something and they decided to take the gearbox appart and replace everything inside, they did say have to remove clutch too, they just replace cruise control part of steering wheel as there trying to eliminate a fault with an intermeitaint fault with cruise control, just strange we never had an issue with the clutch at all and got no indication it was slipping at all, they do the work and we get the issue with clutch, i belive that they are at fault but proving it is a whole diffrent story.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Have these works been done at a ford dealership.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Ha, interesting name. Not sure why they would remove the clutch when removing the gearbox. It doesn't make sense. Clutch slave cylinder yes assuming it's hydraulic but they had no reason to remove the clutch unless they thought it a good idea to test for wear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was just told they had to take gearbox out of the car and had it in parts and had to remove clutch too. all they told me

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just have a feeling we are going to have to pay as they will get out of replacing anyway they can

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dibble was that with ford main dealer or independent, we have a ford full service and repair history, i think it has to be with a ford approved to not invalidate any warrenty,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts