Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out therejust read a post which stated thata membersKuga was only returning low 30s mpg? just spotted a Mondeo advertisement in todays Telegraph highlighting 64.2 mpg extra urban and 40.9 mpg urban the Mondeo is a bit of a beast to return 64.2 mpg I know . . I know manufacturers mpg figures can be shall we say difficult to attain(orto be frank atad spurious) but Iwonder if Ford are going to add an Econetic engine to the Kuga range? As our(wife) delivery date is approaching I'm still a little peeved that Ford have dropped the rear tables and given us nowt in return the very latest brochure (2008) available still showsthe traysas part of the Titanium interior seat spec the demo I went out in had them and the salesman told me car ordered would be the same as, and kept stum about Ford dropping them, OK perhaps his product knowledge was a little lacking andhe genuinely did not know, but a roof rail would be really nice. Attention: Ford Motor Company GB I don't want privacy glass just the rails will do fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes im a bit miffed with the MPG too - I had a new mondeo as a hire car last year whilst on holiday in ireland.
im assuming it has the same diesel lump as the kuga, and the mondeo gave me a solid 55 MPG, so why is the Kuga different?

i would have thought a similar weight on the 2 vehicles? maybe the kuga is tuned differently

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess that designed like a brick with some lumps taken off (a nice brick all the same) big set of rubbers and a lugging around a 4wd driveshaft and all it's gubbings would make quite a difference to the mpg figs.

also driving style makes to biggest difference.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had a new 2.0l TDCI Mondeo of 9 months. I typically got 45mpg on my usual commute. The Kuga does approx 41mpg on the same trips. It's kind of what I exdpected, with more wind resistance, slightly different gearing etc. Also I think the engines are tuned slightly differently, the Mondeo put out slightly more hp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello

I'm getting 34-37 mpg even when driving like a saint,highest I've had is 39 on a 600 mile round trip to south coast . 2k on the clock so hope it gets better or next year it will go.

Gary

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had a hire car recently for a few weeks (VW Tiguan) 2.0l diesel. When comparing to the Kuga, it had just slightly better acceleration but the economy was approximately the same. I didnt like the engine vibration that came throught the footpedals, but I have seen this on other VW's before. Also it wasn't as comfortable a drive, more body roll and noisier inside. Overall It didnt compare very well to the Kuga. Edited by: WarKuga

·
Registered
855 Posts
Good to hear that Warkuga, the Tiguan was on my shortlist!! Looks like I got the decision right though, thanks for the confirmation.

Regards

TK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts