Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
2400 miles in and it is great, just got some squeaks from the door seals but think this is the was that the dealer put on - tried silicon spray and it fixes it for a day or so...

·
Registered
108 Posts
clean the rubber with white vinegar... and dont use silicone spray!

most of my recent cars have suffered this when i've polished the car or cleaned the rubber - always fixed with white vinegar or your typical window cleaners...

·
Registered
418 Posts
genius!!!!

I will give it a go, I waxed the door surrounds and it got better - just need the weather to get better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Out of interest is the mpg as good as the figures quoted by Ford. Or maybe it is too early to judge on a new engine just yet....
Glad to hear that you are pleased with it so far though!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Newga said:
Out of interest is the mpg as good as the figures quoted by Ford. Or maybe it is too early to judge on a new engine just yet....
Glad to hear that you are pleased with it so far though!

Averaging 35 under normal driving conditions. However, when I potter about at 60mph on the motorway I can get 42mpg...but that's hard work!

·
Registered
418 Posts
36.2 this morning, but that has been a drive back from Cornwall and a couple of weeks of normal work/weekend driving..

I use the V-Power diesel which is meant to give more Mpg for more ££ so don't know if that is making a difference, 2500 miles on the clock now

·
Registered
61 Posts
I managed to eek out 40mpg the other day.... but yes it was hard work!

Normally its 35mpg mix motorway and A roads..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hasanybody an up-date on current m.p.g. for urban/motorway
Would also like to know if anybody has changed from an ST-3 to Kuga Titanium and any plus's/minus's for each type

Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have been averaging 35.4day to day, mainly around town. Last weekend took it up the lakes. reset trip and set cruise at 70 where permited and 60 on single carriage way. Campsite had 6 inches of mud at entrance of field, which the Kuga handled without any drama(so we used car to go to and from toilets all weekend)and did same on way home. Averaged 41.5. Well pleased. The X-Trail only started to get good fuel economy after about 10,000 miles and even then would only achieve 38 mpg. So hang in guys there is time yet.

joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Titanium said:
Hasanybody an up-date on current m.p.g. for urban/motorway
Would also like to know if anybody has changed from an ST-3 to Kuga Titanium and any plus's/minus's for each type

Cheers

My old ST3 without Dreamscience was getting 22mpg, with Dreamscience it was 24 to 25mpg.

With the Kuga I'm getting around 35mpg.
This is a mix of Motorway and A roads (70 / 30).

Ref Plus' and Minus'..... the boot is about the same size, just with greater height so I can fit my son's bike in it standing up....

Driving style.. well totally different but thats not surprising, although it does handle more like a car than a bus.

Fit and finish is better than the ST, feels tighter and more premium.

Seats are flatter and don't offer as much support but the ride is softer so its horses for courses (btw as they are flatter I went for half leather rather than full leather as it offers some grip... otherwise I would end up against the door every time I go round the corner).

The Kuga is much brighter inside than the ST - my son would get car sick in the ST, not because of my driving, but because it was too dark inside (black headlining, black seats, black carpets... plus it was a 3 door!) - my son loves being in the Kuga

Finally get the convience pack... front and rear parking sensors are a must and make parking much easier, along with the power folding mirrors. Keyless entry a bit gimmicky but comes in handy sometimes. Oh and get the roof bars as after fit / retro fitis way too expensive versus the £150 from the factory...

Only one thing I would really like changed - the placement of the Power button... what fool thought it was a good idea to put it below the Hazzard lights... !!!

Edited by: wise1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cheers Joe 90 & wise1.

I pick my titanium with appearance X pack up next fri (29th)and have real second thoughts about it as I love the ST. Its everything I ever wanted in a car but still think I'm doing the right thing but will miss the power!!

The fuel, insuranceand tax are negatives and the main reason for selling.

I know I'll love the kuga when I have it
especially as slight lifestyle change, can get 5 people in and need to tow now and again.

Appreciate your inputs though.......................

·
Registered
69 Posts
Titanium said:
Cheers Joe 90 & wise1.

I pick my titanium with appearance X pack up next fri (29th)and have real second thoughts about it as I love the ST. Its everything I ever wanted in a car but still think I'm doing the right thing but will miss the power!!

The fuel, insuranceand tax are negatives and the main reason for selling.

I know I'll love the kuga when I have it
especially as slight lifestyle change, can get 5 people in and need to tow now and again.

Appreciate your inputs though.......................

I am in the same boat - I am about to trade in my Focus RS that I have owned from new. Although I love the car to bits, it does attract undesirable attention and will cost so much to maintain next year. I don't do too many miles in it either as I trundle around in the wife's KA mostly. The CO2 is really high on the RS and the insurance will be more than the Kuga too.

I am looking forward to driving a new car that has more refinement and gadgets!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah know what you mean but the ST had those as well. Just loved the Kuga on the test drive and will post my thoughts as taking to Chatsworth for the weekend so have motorway and A/B road driving

When do you get your Kuga?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got back from Peterborough to Ladybank in Fife Scotland and averaged 37MPG round trip with a few runs out to pubs over the Bank Holiday Weekend. Now at 4,000 miles. A/C was on for 80% of time and did not drive for economy. Very comfortable. Just an annoying rattle that it goes in for on Wednesday. Other than that it is the best car I have ever had!

·
Registered
260 Posts
A lot of guys swapping the ST for the Kuga I see! And I'm gona beone!!!

Either we are growing up, or the running costs are starting to pinch a little bit. Or a combination of both I think??

Think I will get it remapped straight away, and will probably see an improvement in the MPG as we did on the ST?.....Hopefully?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.