Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone had problems with the park distance control? Mine wouldn't stop beeping, I had to turn of the car to make it end ...

Second issue is that the fuel cap isn't locked when the car is locked .... so if you want free gasoline you shpuld look for one of the few with Kuga in The Netherlands ;(

Third, and hopefully last issue is that the drivers seat heating isn't working at all ...

I went to the dealer already, he asked me to drive it for a few more days to see if any other issues come up. Planning to make an appointment for next week.

Apart from the minor issues mentioned above it is a GREAT car!

·
Registered
69 Posts
sandervp said:
Does anyone had problems with the park distance control? Mine wouldn't stop beeping, I had to turn of the car to make it end ...

Second issue is that the fuel cap isn't locked when the car is locked .... so if you want free gasoline you shpuld look for one of the few with Kuga in The Netherlands ;(

Third, and hopefully last issue is that the drivers seat heating isn't working at all ...

I went to the dealer already, he asked me to drive it for a few more days to see if any other issues come up. Planning to make an appointment for next week.

Apart from the minor issues mentioned above it is a GREAT car!
My parking sensors are fine. The front ones seem to kick in when scarily close to an object in front but the rear ones are perfect.

The fuel filler cap doesn't lock which is a shame (even though it does say it should in the manual) - so it is free and open for anyone to syphon diesel if they have the capless adapter.

Seat heat kicks in after 5 minutes.
Edited by: zetec

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi. If you mean that the parking sensors did not turn off even when driving away from objects, then it is faulty. But if you reverse to say a garage wall and stop, the sensors will continue to beep until you either cancel them with the console switch, or turn off the power.
There was a whole long discussion about the 'Easyfuel' filling system on new Fords, and the locking fuel cap issue here on the forum http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85&KW=locking+fuel+cap. It seems that there are restrictors in the system to stop siphoners pipes from actually reaching the fuel, but I haven't tried it myself to check.
Maybe the fuse for the heated seat is not fully in place or broken?

Hope this helps to put your mind at ease a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts