Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford have confirmed that the Kuga will be available with both 2WD Diesel and AWD2.5 petrol 200ps engines from December build. An automatic petrolwith sport mode will be available from February build.

The 2WD TDCi will have CO2 emissions of 159g/km... Edited by: koogaa

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think that's a shame. Its either a 4x4 car, or its not. Hardly seems worth it for the limited savings in emissions either.

I'd like to see a diesel automatic as well. Seem to be in short supply on the market in general. VW had an 8 month waiting list for the Tiguan auto when I was looking around.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It'sbeen available in Europe as a 2WD TDCI since launch.

Dunno why they don't bring it here - not everyone wants (or needs) the 4WD capability/weight penalty, but still wants the looks/practicality that this bodystyle gives.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's been available in Europe as a 2WD TDCI since launch.

Dunno why Ford don't bring it here - not everyone wants/needs 4WD capability and the weight penalty it brings, but do want the looks/practicality this bodystyle gives.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It probably costs them enough to make the RHD version anyway. Another variant means additional wonga for limited return.... If they were selling to Japan and Australia as well then fine, but as it's a new model and limited production runs just now, why bother?
Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are we sure about this? my dealer is telling me 2wd is not an option and won't be coming to the UK, is there somewhere I can reference this to show him? I had to cancel my first order through one dealers incompetence and am now planning ordering via a dealer who is actually owned by Ford but this dealer is saying 2WD is a no go. If indeed koogaa is correct it just shows the quality of Fords dealer network. On a separate note yesterday I went into my local Mercedes Dealer to enquire about a cosmetic part of my classic that had broken, and if they could order it. They simply pulled it off the shelf and charged me the princely sum of £2.05 now thats what I call service 15 years after they made the car and they still stock all the parts at the dealers. Must admit if Ford dont get there act together soon it's going to be a freelander

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2wd has been available here in Ireland since launch..... and we drive on the same side of road as the UK..... so its not just for Japan or Austrialia so production costs cant have been a reason..... it ment a ‚¬2000or aprox £1700 difference in price here between 2wd and Awd.... so it helps if Awd is not needed and you want to save a little.

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> http://www.ford.ie/cs/BlobServer?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3Bfilename%3D%22FordKuga+2008+Price+List+Oct.pdf%22&blobheadervalue2=abinary%3Bcharset%3DUTF-8&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=MDT-Type&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobwhere=1214320023558&blobkey=id

This link should show a pdf of the Irish Kuga prices for AWD & FWD (Front Wheel Drive)</V:STROKE></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:F></V:ULAS></V:pATH><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:LOCK aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></O:LOCK></V:SHAPE>
Edited by: vinnie_cork

1 - 9 of 9 Posts