Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im thinking of getting a kuga 2.0 diesel 2wd, could anybody tell me how they find motorway driving in it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the AWD, and find it fine up to about 75, it will easily go higher but starts to drink the juice.

SUV's are not the most aerodynamic of shapes.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hi Matt,

I've had my 2wd zetec for 2 weeks and been round the M25 & down the M4 in it a few times and *touch wood* have not had any problems with it. Plenty of power in it should it be needed
and it's really comfy for a big fella like me. All told it's a really pleasing drive. Edit: depending on the type of journey I'm getting low to mid 40's MPG btw.
Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi ain answer to your question i have a 2wd zetec kuga panther , black with apperance pack , a must item me thinks on this vehicle , i drove from liverpool to cardiff last weekend very comfortable to drive driving at 65 mph between 43-47 mpg @ 70 mph or over around 40 mpg or a little less at higher speeds ,(allegedly ), it feels very responsive to drive .tight precise sharp clear steering ,boots a little small ,and if i were to buy again i would get blutooth & at least rear parking sensors other than that a pleasure to drive ,well happy,made up with it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Matt,
I opted for the 2WD purely because I didin't need the AWD capability, I can't rate it highly enough. It's cheaper to tax and is slightly better on fuel consumption.

Have managed 51 mpg,though that was in top gear and doing about 40mph!

I think whichever one you choose you won't be disappointed. It's very comfortable and very easy to drive considering it's size too. Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
374 Posts
Daily driving on motorway will be no different between 2 and awd, it is not permanent awd so unelss you are driving on snow all day etc you will not find a difference. As for ride, its the top of the world.....literally....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts