Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Kuga into the dealership yesterday (Monday) for it`s second service and while waiting about got talking to the salesman that sold me the car.
Got talking about the PHEV and ended up taking one for a test drive....very impressed with it. He did some numbers and it worked out that I have £8000 equity on my car (£13000 still owing on PCP and he offered me £21000 due to the high second hand car prices, I had previously looked on WBAC and they offered me the same (roughly) but he said if I order a new car he would hold that price until March next year (expected delivery date). So ordered a ST line X PHEV in Frozen White, there was a white one outside and it looked awsome..lol. So if you have a PCP still running and are thinking of changing your car its a good time to do it but get in quick before the bottom drops out again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Took the Kuga into the dealership yesterday (Monday) for it`s second service and while waiting about got talking to the salesman that sold me the car.
Got talking about the PHEV and ended up taking one for a test drive....very impressed with it. He did some numbers and it worked out that I have £8000 equity on my car (£13000 still owing on PCP and he offered me £21000 due to the high second hand car prices, I had previously looked on WBAC and they offered me the same (roughly) but he said if I order a new car he would hold that price until March next year (expected delivery date). So ordered a ST line X PHEV in Frozen White, there was a white one outside and it looked awsome..lol. So if you have a PCP still running and are thinking of changing your car its a good time to do it but get in quick before the bottom drops out again.
Similar to my situation. £7k equity and current PCP runs out next August. They told me that expected build date is April next year with delivery June or July.
Gone for the PHEV too.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,263 Posts
Think it would be the PHEV for me as well. Let’s hope that Ford are resolving electrical gremlins that keep being reported on here.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Think it would be the PHEV for me as well. Let’s hope that Ford are resolving electrical gremlins that keep being reported on here.
No gremlins on ours. MY21 cars are fine and MY20 ones that are properly fixed are fine too. Some dealers however are not fine and have been or still are clueless despite the information being easily available to them.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,263 Posts
I know you have said before that the mk3 has no more issues than any other car.
When I read the stuff about screens going off and other things not working it makes you wonder what’s going on with QC.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
794 Posts
No gremlins on ours. MY21 cars are fine and MY20 ones that are properly fixed are fine too. Some dealers however are not fine and have been or still are clueless despite the information being easily available to them.
I think it was always going to be the case that the dealer would fall down where suitably trained techs would be hit and miss.
When you look at the Toyota Prius, there loads of back street techs that can repair them now and even strip and repair the battery packs, and so much info on YouTube. I think it might be a while before the Ford dealers get up to speed judging by some of the comments in the Mk3 section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts