Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
Been replaced now on the latest builds by more useful usb sockets
The AC outlet is good for things like laptops though.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
The AC outlet is good for things like laptops though.
But my laptop has a type C connector for charging as most new ones do now which is why Ford have probably ditched the 3 pin. Most portable electrical appliances run on DC anyway using an adapter, unless you want to plug your toaster in whilst you are driving to work.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
But my laptop has a type C connector for charging as most new ones do now which is why Ford have probably ditched the 3 pin. Most portable electrical appliances run on DC anyway using an adapter, unless you want to plug your toaster in whilst you are driving to work.
My laptop is way to old for that :LOL:

I think the outlet is limited to 3 amps, so could take some time to my toast the right colour :D

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Type C has been out for a while now. Not sure why the USB hierarchy gave us micro usb when a universal connector is more suitable. Universal in that it doesn't matter which way up it goes. I had a 2005 macbook that had that sort of fitting and it was magnetic.

Not all manufacturers have jumped on the type C boat with laptops as some still wanting to do their own.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Type C has been out for a while now. Not sure why the USB hierarchy gave us micro usb when a universal connector is more suitable. Universal in that it doesn't matter which way up it goes. I had a 2005 macbook that had that sort of fitting and it was magnetic.

Not all manufacturers have jumped on the type C boat with laptops as some still wanting to do their own.
Micro USB is much older than USB-C. USB-C is compatible with USB3 but also supports much higher charging rates than micro USB

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Micro USB is much older than USB-C. USB-C is compatible with USB3 but also supports much higher charging rates than micro USB
Yes I know but wouldn't you have thought when the micro usb socket was designed someone could have said, let's make it so you can't try and put it in upside down. It was a worse design than the mini usb as at least that had a shape you could see.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts