Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 2.0d Auto AWD, Solar Silver, Tech Pack, Driver Assistance Pack
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has the 230v ac socket been deleted from the latest specification?

My September 2020 (70 plate) came with one but the latest delivered ones where i work don't have it.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
I don't know about Mk3s, but on my Mk2.5 it's part of the Family Pack.

Albeit 240V AC, the current is fairly limited, so great for phone and laptop etc use or charging, but don't try and plugging your washing machine into it :p

Reactions: Les and smartguy69

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
We have one in our Mokka. Used it zero times in 3 years lol.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
2021 ST Line X Edition 190ps Diesel AWD in Lucid Red
25 Posts
My sales rep was under impression it was no longer there. A 12v outlet and USB outlet instead. Which are more use to me so will find out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga St Line X 2.0D (190) Auto AWD Chrome Blue
38 Posts
I expected to have a 230V socket in the rear of my September 2020 (70 plate) Kuga but it came with a USB-A and USB-C socket instead. There is no cover either, so it looks a bit cheap and nasty to be honest.

·
Registered
July 2020 Titanium 190PS Ecoblue frozen white, driver assist & winter pack, factory fitted towbar
30 Posts
My May built Kuga has 230v socket for rear seat passengers, and a 12v , usb A , and usb C outlets in the front by the wireless charging pad

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has the 230v ac socket been deleted from the latest specification?

My September 2020 (70 plate) came with one but the latest delivered ones where i work don't have it.
99% certain it has been deleted in new cars, but reversing camera is now standard on all but Zetec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I expected to have a 230V socket in the rear of my September 2020 (70 plate) Kuga but it came with a USB-A and USB-C socket instead. There is no cover either, so it looks a bit cheap and nasty to be honest.
What is the difference between USB-A and USB-C. The reason I am asking is that on my PHEV ST-Line X First Edition I can only find 1 normal USB and another smaller one above it in the centre console. Even though its wireless charging i normally plug my iPhone in to the ‘normal’ USB socket as i can access and send texts by voice which is fine but as there is no CD player I listen to music from my collection on my USB stick so can only use one device. There is only 1 normal USB socket in the car but 2 cigarette lighter sockets. I have tried all my smaller leads from kindle, external hard drives even an electric hand warmer but none fit. What is the smaller socket and are leads adapters available to fit and allow USB stick to connect?

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
USB C is the latest standard and is obviously a different shape - the main reason being, it doesn't require the connector to be inserted in a specific orientation, so can be plugged in either way round, similar to the Apple Lightening port.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Ray52 you would be better off buying one of these USB-C ~ Lightening Cable to free up the standard USB socket for your stick.

Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m): Amazon.co.uk

The new iPhone 12 only comes with one of these cables.
Thanks for that lads, I have researched the USB’s and have ordered a USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter which will hopefully do the trick under £3.00. What i am a bit disappointed is with all the spec of this model (Kuga) there is just the 1 normal USB socket. Last night I did manage to dig out a suitable USB-C lead to test it but at 1 meter long I decided I’d to buy an adapter. I found that if i connected my iPhone into the USB-C using the long cable, ApplePlay didn’t recognise it.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,230 Posts
Apple products are very iffy if you don't use a genuine Apple cable for some reason but as with all Apple kit.....not cheap

Reactions: andspenka

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
Strange, but some products, especially Apple as @RonnieM says, can be pretty 'fussy' - try not to buy too cheap, as you'll often end up with problems at some point - take the plunge and buy a decent cable that will be reliable and last for years (y)
Having a cheaper backup cable is also a good idea, if you rely on your phone car connection.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts
Thanks for that lads, I have researched the USB’s and have ordered a USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter which will hopefully do the trick under £3.00. What i am a bit disappointed is with all the spec of this model (Kuga) there is just the 1 normal USB socket. Last night I did manage to dig out a suitable USB-C lead to test it but at 1 meter long I decided I’d to buy an adapter. I found that if i connected my iPhone into the USB-C using the long cable, ApplePlay didn’t recognise it.
As the guys have already said, Apple products have always been finicky about the cable used, since the introduction of the Lightening connector. This was done, due to the huge amount of fake cables being sold from the far east etc.

To me, adapters are just asking for problems & unnecessary, if you're insistent you don't want to use a USB-C for the phone, you can buy a USB-C memory stick.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ul...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The spec of the Kuga has nothing to do with the USB socket, you'll find that USB-C will shortly become the new normal, in fact it practically already has. All New Samsung have them, I have 2 laptops, home and work and they both have USB-C for power. As I've already said above the iPhone 12 no longer comes with a charger and the cable has been changed to a USB-C to Lightening connector.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 2.0d Auto AWD, Solar Silver, Tech Pack, Driver Assistance Pack
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ray52, my original car was a first edition, my new one is an edition - which is the later build spec. I've lost the 12v in the arm rest and the USB-C in the front (now 2x USB-A)
I've lost the 230v in rear (now USB-A and USB-C)
I'm the opposite to you i preferred that setup for charging laptop and torches, extra 12v was used for my roof mounted led strobe.

Ford have revised the electrical accessories following customer feedback

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've a Mk 2.5 Kuga with 3Pin socket as part of the family pack. Was hoping it carries over to the Mk 3 as well. Be upset if they don't spec them no more.
Also, does anyone know do you still get "Electronic" child locks in the rear (which stop door and window operation)?

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
I have a 3-pin mains socket in my Mk2 facelift, but I've not heard of them being in the Mk3 - only USB in the rear as an option, as far as I'm aware.

Mine also has the electronic child door and window lock, so surely they've carried that across; probably in a safety pack.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
272 Posts
My sales rep was under impression it was no longer there. A 12v outlet and USB outlet instead. Which are more use to me so will find out in a few weeks.
Been replaced now on the latest builds by more useful usb sockets

1 - 20 of 26 Posts